When do you think you will next play golf?

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
I understand a course has now opened in Spain, Tecina Golf on La Gomera. One of the residents there became the first player to play golf in Spain in 51 days. Jealous - much.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Spoke to my mate today and as a club manager he is also none the wiser but also scoffed at the 11th May rumours that are going round.

He says he'll let me know if and when BIGGA give the greenkeepers "the heads up" which apparently they have been told they'll get.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
I understand a course has now opened in Spain, Tecina Golf on La Gomera. One of the residents there became the first player to play golf in Spain in 51 days. Jealous - much.
Booo... I was supposed to be on La Gomera right now. And staying in a place just half a mile from the Tecina course. And would have played if I was there. Is it ok for a grown man to cry ??

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
It now also looks like Scotland may have a different lockdown exit timeline and strategy to the rest of the UK.

Sturgeon does think very highly of herself.

Interestingly tho I do kind of agree with her, exit strategy should be regionalised. There's no way the rules should be the same as London in 99% of the UK.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sturgeon does think very highly of herself.

Interestingly tho I do kind of agree with her, exit strategy should be regionalised. There's no way the rules should be the same as London in 99% of the UK.
So how do you deal with people travelling from one part of the UK to another?

Doodle

Visit site
We will soon see what is announced.
I will be amazed if the 2 metre rule stays as that will effectively bankrupt all the airlines, pubs, clubs, restaurants, some shops, the list is enormous.
Heard several restaurateurs on the radio saying recently that unless they can trade at a minimum of 75% they will go bust.

When this is finally all over very little will be left unless there is a significant relaxation.

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
Would love to see how Kahn would react to that.

Who cares, government has power, he needs to remember he's just a mayor.

He said you couldn't get sick on the tube, I do hope after this is all done, research is done to how many people got infected due to his lies.

So how do you deal with people travelling from one part of the UK to another?

I'm not an expert, they go somewhere a couple hours outside on a Saturday and follow the local rules there, whats the difference?

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
Most courses I know you're not allowed to as that is greenkeepers preparation time, get the greens cut etc etc without choppers firing golf balls in their direction.

Ours doesnt, if the gates are open you are free to carry on. Normally the greenkeepers are happy to stop and have a quick chat, obviously it'll just be a thumbs up as you walk past now

peld

Visit site
It now also looks like Scotland may have a different lockdown exit timeline and strategy to the rest of the UK.
Saw this. There will be a huge backlash against wee jimmy if people can’t start businesses here when they can down south.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Who cares, government has power, he needs to remember he's just a mayor.

He said you couldn't get sick on the tube, I do hope after this is all done, research is done to how many people got infected due to his lies.

I'm not an expert, they go somewhere a couple hours outside on a Saturday and follow the local rules there, whats the difference?

Depends if its just a few hours. Our villages has 2 couples that are here at weekends but work in London.

Imo that is a reason why Kent has a higher rate than anywhere outside London.

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
Depends if its just a few hours. Our villages has 2 couples that are here at weekends but work in London.

Imo that is a reason why Kent has a higher rate than anywhere outside London.

That's exactly my point. It's impossible to enforce or even perform distancing in London. The rest of the country shouldn't be treated the same.

They shouldn't be allowed to go to work. Where as someone who drives to work in a business centre in Canterbury has no way near as much risk.

5OTT

Visit site
Is he really going to be announcing a relaxation of restrictions the day before!?
surely it’s more likely that it will be the following week (Monday 18th)?

Exactly, people forget that most of the green staff and the club Pro are likely to have been put on Furlough and there are procedures to follow in order to bring people back.
In addition there will be signage to put up, floor markings for social distancing, on line booking etc..

There is no chance that on Sunday Boris relaxes the rules and the club opens op on Monday.