When do you think you will next play golf?

Mick68

Visit site
Correct it is low risk. However I was referring to someone stupidly saying it was perfectly safe which is utter rubbish.

Low risk is completely different from "perfectly safe".
Is perfectly safe the same as 100% safe? As we've agreed 100% safe isn't really possible so maybe perfectly safe just means very safe. This has become a very pedantic discussion. ☺️

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I'd reckon you have more chance of catching CV19 doing your shopping that you would playing golf all things being equal.

Certainly wouldn't disagree. Just saying it's not perfectly safe.

All scenarios require to be discussed by the authorities before any sports are allowed to reopen.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
I doubt it I'm not on a flight path so I'd suggest you are stupid to suggest it.
why do you even come on this forum? all you do is post against people. no banter, no humour. just a mood hoover! seriously, do you have a laugh in your personal life or so pedantic with everything? I mean, Liverpoolphil likes a good argument but at least the bloke has a crack now and then!

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
why do you even come on this forum? all you do is post against people. no banter, no humour. just a mood hoover! seriously, do you have a laugh in your personal life or so pedantic with everything? I mean, Liverpoolphil Phil likes a good argument but at least the bloke has a crack now and then!

Your beaten goodbye.

Your argument has been shot to bits. Bit your your "sense of humour"

5OTT

Visit site
Nothing is 100% safe. Even staying in bed all day will mean you become unfit and probably overweight. If we have to wait until it's 100% safe then we'll never do anything ever again. It doesn't have to be 100% safe just low risk and I would say golf is very low risk.

The most damaging period of my life was a result of lying in bed, i had a really bad cold that developed into pneumonia but i also developed blood clots on both lungs that i was told were as a result of being bed ridden.

There are plenty of things more dangerous than playing golf.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
I'm as keen to get out there as any of you, but surely the use of two tees is just taking things too far? I have twice mentioned on this thread my experiences in supermarkets, (insulting response from "fundy" on one of them, but we will ignore that). It beggars belief that any of you could consider being in an enclosed area such as a supermarket, and then.......in the open air, a bloomin' golf course for God's sake, with ONE other person (your pp) anywhere near you, and we are talking of the use of a separate tee.
The likes of Captain Tom could tell you a thing or two about risk, and before anyone starts, I acknowledge completely, and regret that lives have been lost, and WILL be lost to this awful virus, and if you have been affected directly by the Covid-19 you are free to have a differing opinion. You've just had mine.

There are a load of good arguments for starting golf, but the best thing is to steer clear of the supermarket piece. I'm sure I posted this about forty pages ago - there is a risk to going for essential food shopping, that is acknowledged. (Personally I've managed to not have to queue to enter a shop since this started). There is also a risk in various social activities like golf. It is not about replacing one risk with another though, it is about adding the non essential risk on top of the essential risk. My suggestion is find a better argument. I'm keen to restart golf also.

5OTT

Visit site
Going off this briefing by Boris and how he is going to lay out a plan for the economy and getting back to work, i think it's quite clear that any discussion on social interaction, leisure and recreation is not on the agenda at this time.

I suspect we can forget about the rumours of a return in May, we will be lucky to get back playing before July.

Mick68

Visit site
The most damaging period of my life was a result of lying in bed, i had a really bad cold that developed into pneumonia but i also developed blood clots on both lungs that i was told were as a result of being bed ridden.

There are plenty of things more dangerous than playing golf.
Sounds horrendous. Hope you've made a full recovery.

Mick68

Visit site
Going off this briefing by Boris and how he is going to lay out a plan for the economy and getting back to work, i think it's quite clear that any discussion on social interaction, leisure and recreation is not on the agenda at this time.

I suspect we can forget about the rumours of a return in May, we will be lucky to get back playing before July.
I think it will have to be put on the agenda quite soon as although the economy etc is the number 2 priority (after saving lives) leisure is still important to people and if the rules don't ease to some extent and begin to appear illogical and unjustified then people will gradually start ignoring them - it would be better if they were relaxed in an orderly than a disorderly fashion.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Risk is going to be evident in everything we do for the foreseeable. It's about managing the risk sensibily and negating as many scenarios as possible in order to slow down the spread of Covid 19.

Going by what has been reported today and with Germany seeing a slight spike when relaxing I think we'll be slightly more cautious for a period of time yet. My daily commute I'm seeing more and more cars on the roads now. Are these all essential/work related journeys??

More than likely not.

User20204

Visit site
I think it will have to be put on the agenda quite soon as although the economy etc is the number 2 priority (after saving lives) leisure is still important to people and if the rules don't ease to some extent and begin to appear illogical and unjustified then people will gradually start ignoring them - it would be better if they were relaxed in an orderly than a disorderly fashion.

I think it's fair to say that people have become far more relaxed about things than they were in the first few weeks. What the country needs to do is to understand the difference between becoming complacent and being cautious.

There is a lot more traffic on the roads now that there was in the first couple of weeks so it's obvious more are going about doing things they hadn't in the first few weeks and the government have a fine line to tread cause it is only a matter of time before the public will start to ignore the restrictions that have been put upon them for 6 weeks now, bearing in mind the R number is now below 1.

Personally, the golf thing for me isn't as big as the travel restriction in my book, that needs serious looking at cause I genuinely believe that I am no risk travelling alone and coming in to contact with no one but am restricted from doing so and sure many will feel the same.

CallawayKid

Q-School Graduate
www.regimentway.co.uk
Do flag poles not blow in the wind?

It wasn't that long ago people were complaining that big sausage fingers were damaging holes therefore it's perfectly reasonable to suggest that there will be some inadvertent touching of the flag!

Flag Poles - The ball will not be going in the bottom of the hole...soooo sausage or Quorn fingers (don't want to upset the vegans) won't be an issue.
No mention about the broken ankle though, have you conceded on this or are you going to come back with some other handbrake attempt.

Come on Jacko, you may be going through a hard time, so turn the wifi off and go listen to the birds in the trees, take a breath (away from a flag pole ;)) and enjoy the moment.

CK