When do manufacturers release new bags?

JonW

Visit site
I’m in the market for a new waterproof stand bag.

A lot of the shops (Clubhouse golf, etc.) have 2021 version on sale.

I’m not against getting a 2021 version but was wondering when manufacturers normally release their new models (if there is a pattern to it)?

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Can't answer the question, but can say the Callaway Hyperdry is awful and the Big Max Aqua hybrid 14 way bag (2021) is awesome.

JonW

Visit site
Thanks @Bratty. Do you carry the Big Max Aqua? I was a bit concerned that it may be too big and bulky (but not necessarily heavy) to carry. Is that a problem?

Bratty

Visit site
Thanks @Bratty. Do you carry the Big Max Aqua? I was a bit concerned that it may be too big and bulky (but not necessarily heavy) to carry. Is that a problem?
I do. Carried it today. Not bulky in the slightest, but it's not a lightweight carry bag for sure. I'm not the fittest, but can carry it for 18 holes without issue. Will use the the trolley tomorrow though... I know my limitations.
It's a great bag.

Bratty

Visit site
I've just been reminded on another thread that there is one slight downside to the Big Max, and that's because it's a hybrid, the base mechanism that kicks the legs out is solid and the legs don't splay that wide. So in wind, you have to work out which was to position it, otherwise it can fall over.
But I consider that a minor point.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
According to one of the main men at MyGolfSpy the big boys have about a 2 year release cycle on bags.
So if there are 2021 bags in the shops there shouldn't be any new ones until 2023...

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Have a motocaddy hyperflex aqua hybrid. Best bag I’ve owned period. Knocks spots off my h2no’s and sta-drys over the last ten years.

Being a hybrid the stand system is awesome as it works great on trolleys and as a stand bag, with only a 6 way divider it’s one of the lightest on the market too

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I hate mine, it’s got good space for stuff but the clubs constantly get tangled up and getting them in and out is a pain.
I have never used one, just read reviews about them. My Titleist bag tangles the clubs. I have to keep it vertical when pulling clubs out.

G1z1

Visit site
I have never used one, just read reviews about them. My Titleist bag tangles the clubs. I have to keep it vertical when pulling clubs out.
Yea think a lot of bags have that problem, apart from that I do quite like it. Just hate the tangling :ROFLMAO:

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I hate mine, it’s got good space for stuff but the clubs constantly get tangled up and getting them in and out is a pain.
Yes got rid of mine for that exact reason.
I use midsize grips and that made it worse.

OEMs usually bring bags out to match their new line of clubs.

G1z1

Visit site
Yes got rid of mine for that exact reason.
I use midsize grips and that made it worse.

OEMs usually bring bags out to match their new line of clubs.
What bag do you currently use ? I have midsize grips and looking to change bags, been looking at vice or mizuno

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What bag do you currently use ? I have midsize grips and looking to change bags, been looking at vice or mizuno
I have a Titleist carry bag that just has one divider so two big slots.
I only carry a half set when I carry though but found the Hoofer couldn’t take that without a fight to get my club back in.
Ping Monsoon cart bag is very good except for pocket access. Zips are to small so fumbling around to find things.

D

Deleted member 1147

I’d only buy Ping stand bags. Don’t know when they’re out. But I’d recommend them of old.