when did you last play a round?

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Played last Saturday and Sunday, played well too bar the odd mistake. This week was just a no brainer as it was snowing torrentially on thursday and on friday is lashed down with rain. On Friday evening I took a drive past the course and there was a new river rnning down the second hole so I decided the course would probably be closed on Saturday and unplayable on Sunday, time to stay in bed and get this infection out of my throat and be fighting fit for work on monday, having been off the last three days I need to get into work tomorrow to get on top of the new starts and sort their training.

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
My last 18 was on 23rd December. Mixed fortunes with some nice shots played along with some real howlers.
Played 9 holes on te 31st, again, nothing special, I'm still learning and the curve seems to be getting steeper!
Played another 9 this afternoon. Seem to have my driving sorted a little better. Making good yardage (for me). Iron play on the fairway letting me down terribly, too many fat shots resulting in short shots, wrecking my score completely.
On the 18th hole (played the back 9)a par 3 156 yarder I played a well swung 7 iron tee shot which went straight and finished nicely on the green. Realised I'd fuly rotated my hands on the drive (something I find hard to do sometimes)
Fired up with renewed enthusiasm I decided to play a few more holes before dusk fell.
Teed up on the 1st and smacked straight down the middle with the driver making sure my hands rotated. Pleased with that my next shot from the fairway (6 iron) saw me approx 20 yds from the green. By now I'm realy enjoying myself! A staedy pitched shot saw me close to the pin, leaving a 6 ft putt for par. Loused it up by rushing my putt and ending up down for 6.
By now the course was almost deserted so I played back towards the clubhouse.
Another cracking drive saw me middle of the fairway yet again (I'm getting good at this driving lark!) A ravine stood between myself and the pin. I'm used to laying up with my 3rd shot on this hole. Feeling confident I tried my 5 wood. It looked unlikely that I would clear the ravine but felt I just may make it.
I hit the ball superbly and watched as it flew over the ravine and landed safely 30 yds from the green on the other side. (Joy is not the word!)
Again I messed up with a 3 putt which saw me finish with a bogey.
Back onto the 18th again to finish. Nicely struck 7 iron saw me onto the green with a 25ft putt. Ended up 2 putting for par.

OK, maybe not too hot on the card but the main thing was that I'd learnt something to improve my game. With this in ind I'll be practising my swing ensuring I turn my hands smoothly.
Well pleased, it certainly makes you feel better when you discover something which improves your game.

rgs

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Played this morning due to start at 9-30, start delayed by 90 mins due to frost, round reduced to 11 holes played like i never held a club before.

Back for more punishment next Saturday.

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played today (5 times over the last 3 or 4 weeks).
We had the added stress (never experienced it before) of playing off frozen icy mats. Had to swing every tee shot 50% hence hitting all the fairways but needing a wood 2nd shot almost exclusively today.

If felt terrible - no practice at all since before Christmas, driving range mostly closed, sadly.

t.b.h. it took me 7 holes to warm up, had a hot streak for 6 holes (no birdie conversions, though :( ) then got a blister and bogey'd all the way in.

Can't wait for a) normal range times and b) less frozen ground.

Dave

ianmc

Club Champion
Visit site
last played saturday at hartlepool was 1 under for twelve the weather was good to start with but then started pissing down so came in havent played a full 18 for about five weeks but still getting plenty of practise in just got a 16 degree baffler pro and an odessey 2 ball srt and straight away they are doing the business havent had to get my driver out since getting the baffler and its awesome hitting fairways for fun and only losing about 25yds compared to my driver and odessey also has a great feel off the face and havent 3 putted once since i got it so well pleased with my game at the moment ian mc

Doh

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played this sat in a winter stableford over 15 holes scored 32 points so was happy with that. Then played on Sunday in the winter league against the capt and pro both my partner and i getting 7 shots off the pro beat them 5and4 and the weather on Sunday was nice and sunny so overall had a good weekend.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
10.00 am Sat 29 December. Panshangar, Welwyn.

Started badly (8 on the first), then got better with some long straight drives. 6 on the ninth (par 3) - how the hell do you play up the north face of the Eiger? Got it together again until the 16th (10 - wayward drive into lots of trouble) and 17th (9 - still thinking about 16 I suspect, plus downhill lies, which I don't do well, into another valley and the South face of the Eiger). 18th (par 5) almost lost it, long but a bit close to the oob and under the trees but with a masterly demonstration of control, chipped out sideways then a 5w onto the green for a 40+ ft putt to 3 inches!
Tied my partner (he's been playing 20+ years to my one) for shots, beat him on holes. What joy!