What's your worst purchase?

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
Nike VRS Driver with an Oban Devotion 6 shaft. I hit it maybe 9 times and sold it for what I got it for. Sounded awful, felt worse... went EVEN worse. Proper bad fit for me.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Cleveland classic woods.

Best looking woods I've owned.

The only problem is they have super shut faces which don't suit anyone with a hook.

I could make them hook round and come back to me. Crazy in a world of adjustability.

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
Cleveland classic woods.

Best looking woods I've owned.

The only problem is they have super shut faces which don't suit anyone with a hook.

I could make them hook round and come back to me. Crazy in a world of adjustability.

Such a scary look for a hooker... you end up twisting the club open in your hand and pointing it out right, but then it does not want to sit at address... yukky

dufferman

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I took a punt on a Cleveland Classic putter (no.3 I think) purely because they were on sale at £30 odd.

Couldn't get on with it. Hated it. It got in my head. I literally missed 1 foot putts.

It still has pride of place in a cupboard.

G

guest100718

An oddesy metal x putter, just didnt get on with it.

A unbranded leccy trolley, it was just plain crap.

IanG

Tour Rookie
Visit site
New pair of super warm mitts for winter play from the pro shop. Straight out on the course, right mitt in the bag as golf glove was ok for that day. Left glove lost by time I reached the 3rd tee :eek:

Never handed in - think it blew on the beach.

Any Lefties want a single righthand super warm mitt for winter play? :rolleyes:

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Titleist 909 8.5 degree, matrix ozik shaft. Was custom fit by titleist for it. 385 quid. Sold it 3 months later for 60. It was long, but wow what dispersion!
I had used a 9.5 909 in Florida with a voodoo shaft and loved it, but during the cf the numbers didn't add up. Should have just bought it anyway.

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Before I took up the game I bought a Wilson deep red driver with a senior flex shaft for £100 from the 2nd hand bin in AG in Warrington. Guys must have been wetting themselves when I bought it as I clearly didn't have a clue!

Since I have started my worst purchase is a pair of vokey wedges that I barely used and bought on a whim... £200 down the swanney!