What's your longest iron?

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
5 and 6

(I had the length of the 5 iron cut to same as the 6 iron, means the 5 flies further rolls farther than the 6 and hitting the 5 is as easy as hitting the 6)

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have a 2i and it’s a beast but it’s a Srixon utility so don’t think it counts. Had to drop the 4i (which I loved) to make room for a lob wedge, which has come in handy lately in fairness.

So far, Bob is the only real man among us.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have a 2i and it’s a beast but it’s a Srixon utility so don’t think it counts. Had to drop the 4i (which I loved) to make room for a lob wedge, which has come in handy lately in fairness.

So far, Bob is the only real man among us.
His 1 iron is probably the same loft as some of the people saying 4 though. :LOL:

benjo09

Visit site
4. I'm on the limit with it though. Hit it well and it gaps properly but sometimes it only goes a few yards further than my 5. It does give me a club to hit low punches with and is one of my most used clubs when I have to manufacture a shot though.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have a 24 degree 4 iron that I swap out for a 60 degree wedge when conditions dictate.. I did have a 2 iron but found the distance control a bit difficult as it just wouldn't stop running. Use a 3 hybrid now instead that flights a little better for me.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
6i, though I have only used it once in the last 3 or more rounds!
Replaced 5i with 27* hybrid a couple of years ago. Simply so much more reliable.
Still happy to hit 2W off the tee (or deck if lie allows) though.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
5 Iron on my Callaway XR as the loft is so strong (23°) that is so strong that I didn't see the point in getting the 4 iron at 20.5°.
I don't use it that often, mainly due to the way our course plays, but I do like to use it and there is a great satisfaction from a well hit iron.

D

Deleted member 21258

4 iron, for hitting out under trees

7 iron is the main iron as I am not consistent with 6/5/4/3/2 irons that are in the shed (then I have 9/7/5/3 woods).

dronfield

Visit site
This season i took the 4 & 5 irons out of bag because they were only being used for occassional tee shots. Longest is therefore 6, before 4 & 5 hybrids. Only currently carry 12 clubs, and can't say i have missed those irons.
When the ground has been rock hard have thought about putting 4 iron back in for odd tee shot, but haven't done so far.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
A Wilson staff 18 degree/2 iron. I think its classed as a utility though so not sure whether it counts for this thread.

I love it though, ball comes out like a bullet with a really low "penetrating" flight which comes in handy on my windy course.

Beyond that I use hybrids up to my 5 iron, although I do sometimes which I'd ordered the 4 iron to my set, but at the time my iron striking wasn't great with the longer ones so thought it would be wasted.

D

Deleted member 3432

18 degree Utility iron all year round.

Stays in the bag during my infrequent trips around a parkland.