What's your longest iron?

Visit site
3 iron. It doesn't get used much, not long enough off the tee really, and i'm rarely that sort of range from a green - arguably a longish par 3 is the right sort of time for it, especially being able to use a tee. I have a 3 Hybrid, 3 Wood and Driver which are better options off the tee on Par 4s though.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I have a 2 iron which is great when it behaves. But my 4 iron is probably my favourite club in the bag.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
A lot of Fli HIs, Crossovers, "Utility Irons"...are they really irons?
Can they be classed as irons when they're designed to be easier to use than the "official " iron they replace?
Not that it matters one jot but could be another discussion....

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Longest iron is probably a thinned layup with a 7 iron. I can hit those miles. Usually into the trouble I’m laying up to avoid. ?

Otherwise it’s a 4.

D

Deleted member 15344

A lot of Fli HIs, Crossovers, "Utility Irons"...are they really irons?
Can they be classed as irons when they're designed to be easier to use than the "official " iron they replace?
Not that it matters one jot but could be another discussion....

The same as GI irons I guess - my 2 and 3 iron have a thinner top line and back than some GI irons

evemccc

Visit site
A 16 degree 2 Iron.
I love hitting it, when it goes well.

When it works perfectly (40/50%) it’s the best long club in my bag...a lot of the mis-cues aren’t horrendous as it is never a three-off-the-tee club ——which my driver most certainly is (despite lessons)

I’ve got it set with a low loft shaft and is perfect for low shots that run and run on firm summer fairways

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Please tell us or, at the least, send a pic

When I played regularly, I would use it but it would need a good lie or off a low tee.
The 1-4 irons are hollow and quite wide soled so almost like a crossover copy, except they were made in 1988.
Here's a rubbish pic (better pics could be taken if required)

20140321_095609_zpsf77b78d2.jpg

Yes, I know there are 15 clubs but I would occasionally swap the 2 iron for the 18 hybrid cheat stick. ;)

Did I mention I only carry 2 wedges? :whistle:

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
4-iron, but it’s strong lofted at 18.5 degrees. It’s a pity they don’t make a 3-iron in the range (Ping G700) as I would have bought that.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
With my new bats it’s a 5i (4h also carried) but have a spare slot so might carry my old 3i but would only be using it for low punch shots when amongst trees, if I cant adjust to using my 5i for that.