What's with the fifteen minutes?

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Never has virology been so impacted by your view on Federalism ?? Brexit is completely to blame for (insert issue here)

I think the 15 min in the latest in a line of theories/developing understanding. Heck it's a virus...you can transfer it by coughing and sneezing, on surfaces and goodness knows what.

I'm sure if it was only 15 mins transfer levels wouldn't be so high... but who knows

Sorry, but I don't understand this?

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I want to know how a smartphone knows you are 2 metres away. Bluetooth can connect from further than that so you could get a false positive from further away ??‍♀️

The contact tracer who phones will ask you if you can recall that you were in contact with the infected person for a significant period (>15min) and inside the 2m.

I also believe part of the complexity of the planned App is the BT power is reduced to avoid the distance issue and to avoid excessive battery drain

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
The contact tracer who phones will ask you if you can recall that you were in contact with the infected person for a significant period (>15min) and inside the 2m.

I also believe part of the complexity of the planned App is the BT power is reduced to avoid the distance issue and to avoid excessive battery drain

Top answer ?

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site
The only person. I have been within 2 metres for more than 15 minutes since March is Mr Mimms. If I get COVID-19 symptoms, he would automatically have to isolate with me.
I've stood in queue outside supermarket for half an hour with someone in front and behind me, at more than 2 metres, so disregard them.
I've passed people at closer than 2 metres when there is no place else to go, but it's brief so disregard them.
But I am starting to spend an hour and a half playing golf with various people, mostly at 2m+, but occasionally closer by accident (especially if other player is deaf). Do I give their details?
I don't have to commute on public transport, but I guess that's where unavoidable close contact can happen, but these people are strangers. I dont have their details.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Excuse me for being a bit dim but what happens if you do not have a clue who the infected person is, far less spent more than 15 mins with.

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Excuse me for being a bit dim but what happens if you do not have a clue who the infected person is, far less spent more than 15 mins with.

The Tracer will tell you where and when and you can then supply the info on those that where likely to be within 2 metres of you for a significant period of time at that location.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
The Tracer will tell you where and when and you can then supply the info on those that where likely to be within 2 metres of you for a significant period of time at that location.
For arguments sake the incident happened on a commuter train. How are you suppose to know who you've been standing next too let alone where they come from. Similarly if you've been to a supermarket, how do you know where the fellow shoppers come from

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
For arguments sake the incident happened on a commuter train. How are you suppose to know who you've been standing next too let alone where they come from. Similarly if you've been to a supermarket, how do you know where the fellow shoppers come from
There's an app for that....
... or maybe not...

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
There's an app for that....
... or maybe not...

I understand the contact/tracing initiative which started recently isn't using an App, so the questions above are valid "?
The Australian App would "tell "" who you were near to, and the ( abandoned?) IoW App was supposed to do that too, wasn't it?

Without the App and, obviously the smartphone, they have had to introduce the 15 mins , I reckon, in order to have some chance of identifying the contact.

If anything above is inaccurate, perhaps someone in the know can correct it.

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site
So if you came down with covid, would you include your recent golf partners as "close contacts" to the Tracing service?

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I understand the contact/tracing initiative which started recently isn't using an App, so the questions above are valid "?
The Australian App would "tell "" who you were near to, and the ( abandoned?) IoW App was supposed to do that too, wasn't it?

Without the App and, obviously the smartphone, they have had to introduce the 15 mins , I reckon, in order to have some chance of identifying the contact.

If anything above is inaccurate, perhaps someone in the know can correct it.

Have they scrapped the IOW app.:unsure:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
So if you came down with covid, would you include your recent golf partners as "close contacts" to the Tracing service?
Only if you repeatedly and consistently kept close to them during your round. I played with someone from outside our household yesterday and consciously kept a good distance at all times. If I was rung today advising my pp had tested positive I would not isolate for two weeks. If it was the other way around I would not name them either. I would ring them, tell them I was positive and let them make their own decision.