What YOUTUBERS?

slicer79

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
He wouldn't stand a chance with his usual clubs and I genuinely mean that. I'd play him off scratch for charity for a few grand in a heartbeat.

I still laugh at him and Rick thinking they'd stand a chance against the GM Golf guys :ROFLMAO:
I see the GM guys have another channel called Good Good.

Watching it last couple days, serious players Micah and Garret. They played an 18 hole round with the 5 guys for the “Good Good Masters”
micah -6 gross with bogey at last hole. Garret -5 after 12 but had a terrible run in and finished level.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk

Watching it last couple days, serious players Micah and Garret. They played an 18 hole round with the 5 guys for the “Good Good Masters”
micah -6 gross with bogey at last hole. Garret -5 after 12 but had a terrible run in and finished level.
I watched their couple of videos with Joel Dahmen, which Garrett and Micah weren't in - one of the other guys annoys me a lot which is a pity because most of them are likeable.

Grogger

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Just watch Bad Golf now with John Robins and Alex Horne. Enjoyable, relatable and funny.

Rick Shiels and Peter Finch videos are nauseous and self promoting bore fests. Not watched one of theirs for a long time but I assume they’re now asking for donations and Patreon subscribers?

4LEX

Visit site

Their new merch launch is annoying but they would be Div 1 or 2 college golfers at worst which is on another planet to the average PGA Assistant in the UK. They also play Div 1 college players and lower level tour pros on a regular basis in matches. These games are always off the tips, where as Rick often players off the members tees. I like Rick but he's a 4-5 handicap golf coach, nowhere near professional level. He's got a golf simulator in his house and bemoans playing time. If you're good you can still go out and trouble par with no golf in months, from my perspective. You might not tear it up but golf at that level is like riding a bike.

He's a good coach and excellent YouTuber, as a player he wouldn't be in the Top 20 at most decent clubs.

I really think this match will happen though. Lets be honest Peter needs it to stay relevent :whistle::giggle:

HeftyHacker

Visit site
To be fair to Rick I think he's has been pretty humbled since getting back on the course and has said as much, saying he'd forgotten how to actually play golf as opposed to just hitting shots. he's shot 77 around his home course and then was 12 over through 9 on a course he used to coach at (he went level par on the back 9).

I'd agree though I don't think he's a scratch player at the moment and I think that even at his best that is about his level. At least he leaves his bad shots in and seems fairly honest about it all.

Still, its easy to watch content and fills the constant advertising slots during the Masters coverage!

4LEX

Visit site
To be fair to Rick I think he's has been pretty humbled since getting back on the course and has said as much, saying he'd forgotten how to actually play golf as opposed to just hitting shots. he's shot 77 around his home course and then was 12 over through 9 on a course he used to coach at (he went level par on the back 9).

I'd agree though I don't think he's a scratch player at the moment and I think that even at his best that is about his level. At least he leaves his bad shots in and seems fairly honest about it all.

Still, its easy to watch content and fills the constant advertising slots during the Masters coverage!

Yeah fairplay to him for turning the back nine round. He was actually -2 on it. He's never a scratch player, he's got way too many bad drives and misses greens from 100 yards to be that. My only issue he bangs on about 320 drives, qualifying for The Open and sets himself up. I watched him on YouTube when he was at Trafford Centre doing club reviews, he's done amazingly well for himself and his family. I wish he would take a year or two to focus on his golf entirely and no clickbait. 9-5 golf and with his profile he'd get invites to all the big Pro Am's in the UK, US and Middle East. Should definitely play in regular comps at his home club too.

slicer79

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
At the moment I almost enjoy watching course vlogs on YouTube rather than golf on tv.
Think it’s because YouTube golf is more related to what we play while the pro stuff is just on another level
Distances etc are what we see as club golfers, it’s more interesting to me

eddie_1878

Visit site
At the moment I almost enjoy watching course vlogs on YouTube rather than golf on tv.
Think it’s because YouTube golf is more related to what we play while the pro stuff is just on another level
Distances etc are what we see as club golfers, it’s more interesting to me

That’s exactly why I enjoy watching the women pros on golf sidekicks channel...distances per club are pretty much what I hit. Can take more from that than watching pros effortlessly hit 300+ yard drives.

D

Deleted member 21445

I started posting stuff on You Tube in this last lockdown for something to do, going to keep it going to the end of the year.
Its a hobby and nothing more
shameless plug here if you find it interesting, if you don't then that's fine too....

Last edited by a moderator:

4LEX

Visit site
I started posting stuff on You Tube in this last lockdown for something to do, going to keep it going to the end of the year.
shameless plug here if you find it interesting, if you don't then that's fine too....

Really like it mate! Very compact swing and once you get the rust off the short game you'll be flying (y)

IainP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site

Will likely look in. Perhaps a bit like JW but for Ams. Although vastly different ability levels ? I expect a few of left the game for years only to catch the bug again later. What course is it?