What YOUTUBERS?

D

Deleted Member 1156

I sort of want to like Golfmates because it is just ordinary guys having fun but I really struggle because Liam never shuts up and it has that feel of you need to be part of the gang and been there to get the jokes.

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Highly recommend Shawn Clement, love his videos. Seeing his daughter (Sav) hit 300 yard drives is quality and then seeing Mu hit them 350 is just insane.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
I sort of want to like Golfmates because it is just ordinary guys having fun but I really struggle because Liam never shuts up and it has that feel of you need to be part of the gang and been there to get the jokes.

This is a great way of putting it. When it started I enjoyed it, but it has become very forced and always looks like they are trying too hard to entertain.

Coaching wise I like Danny Maude, Alex Elliot (whom I've had a couple of lessons with) and Matt Fryer.

On course content.....I love the NLU channel and think its by far the best produced content. I've also enjoyed Dan Hendriksens stuff. The rest has all become a bit boring and samey for the past year, although I do like the Rick Sheils and the Filthy Lipout Podcasts.

Visit site
They do lots of social get togethers though and have a great Facebook network. So when Liam came to Scotland last year they did a Scottish golfmates get together at one of the courses they visited.

Last edited:
D

Deleted Member 1156

They do lots of social get togethers though and have a great Facebook network. So when Liam came to Scotland last year they did a Scottish golfmates get together at one of the courses they visited.
You mean a load of strangers meeting on the internet getting together to play golf? How bizarre!

Visit site
You mean a load of strangers meeting on the internet getting together to play golf? How bizarre!
How he deploys the combination is different. Most other Youtubers are strictly that, all about the channel and we saw that with Rick Shields stopping coaching. The Liam Harrison approach is interesting as he’s without doubt a YouTuber but by building the other social networks around it, it enables him to organise larger golf days and events or just people to organise more local meet-ups like they can here, while also driving steady drumbeat of traffic back to the YouTube channel. It won’t be everyone’s cup of tea but it’s different from most other Youtubers And his January YouTube numbers show real potential to ramp it up.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
But ok, if we're going at it again here.

The guy who should have many many more subscribers and viewers:

Alex Evans and his "Chronicles of a not yet champion golfer".

He only posts once a week even when we're not in lockdown, and it's one that I really look forward to each week. Especially when Paul "The Biff" Waring is joining in. Great, fun lads who I'd love to sit down with for a proper session.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWNL-9pRK2aev1oCRJNnevw

The two American idiots from "Chasing Scratch" who started with their podcast and now gone on to youtube. Highly recommend the podcast but to fully appreciate it you really need to listen to it from the start or you'll never get into it as there's plenty of inside jokes and looking back at previous stories. I love bashing Americans cause they in general are just loud and annoying. For some reason these guys are just, well, loud, but I don't find the annoying at all, but quite hilarious at times.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyMh34EM2cKpZeaNVu2fkAg
Had a quick look at Alex Evans channel - yup - seems a decent guy and interesting videos. Cheers for the directions. :)

eddie_1878

Visit site
Golf sidekick- great for course management tips, lighthearted, humerus easy watch.

Eric cogorno- Likeable fella, can take in what he’s saying. Enjoy the fact he varies his ‘guests’.

Mike Malaska- If I could afford it, I’d fly to the states to get a few lessons with this guy. Superb.

Athletic golf motion- Watch this more out of interest as i like the science behind the swing, but the drills they show are fairly simple.

Shawn Clements- just started watching him, haven’t lost interest yet.

Zen golf- losing interest in this now, very samey. Love what he does but there’s only so many vids you can watch of somebody creaming themselves because they’ve hit a few draws.

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
I think Golfmates seems like a really nice, genuine bloke.

It's just so northern I can't stand it. I've subbed and like everything I see to try and help.

RichA

Visit site
Golfmates is entertaining.
Alex Etches is entertaining.
Mark Crossfield, like others, I found difficult to watch and listen to until recently. I suddenly realised he's not a condescending twit after all but is trying to challenge some of the myths that it suits the industry to keep us believing.
Tom Saguto Golf is quite hard to watch but his free videos, which spend a lot of time looking at the techniques of the old greats, have taught me more than the set of lessons I took last year. They also put me onto reading Ben Hogan's 5 Lessons, which blew my tiny mind and completely changed my swing.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Golfmates is entertaining.
Alex Etches is entertaining.
Mark Crossfield, like others, I found difficult to watch and listen to until recently. I suddenly realised he's not a condescending twit after all but is trying to challenge some of the myths that it suits the industry to keep us believing.
Tom Saguto Golf is quite hard to watch but his free videos, which spend a lot of time looking at the techniques of the old greats, have taught me more than the set of lessons I took last year. They also put me onto reading Ben Hogan's 5 Lessons, which blew my tiny mind and completely changed my swing.

I could have written exactly the same.
Alex Etches is the one I look forward to the most as he's just a very funny bloke.

slicer79

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I really enjoy Dan Hendricksen. Find a good balance on channel between course vlogs and looking at clubs, coaching, etc.
The guys with him are a good bunch too. I especially enjoy Lester, good fun without it being forced for the camera, better then a cringe coach lockey style humour

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I really enjoy Dan Hendricksen. Find a good balance on channel between course vlogs and looking at clubs, coaching, etc.
The guys with him are a good bunch too. I especially enjoy Lester, good fun without it being forced for the camera, better then a cringe coach lockey style humour
Only youtubers I really watch theses days. Nice guys with sense of humours. Dans brother Paul is a good straight man to Dan, Lester and Wilbur.

Not so keen on vlogs with the chap that does editing. Prefer watching pros then handicap golfers.

eddie_1878

Visit site
Golf sidekick plugged this guy today:

I gave it a watch and he seemed to almost miss-hit his way to a 77! Albeit with a very good putting game- to his credit. It gives me hope ?