What to wear?

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Took Max (my dog) for a walk at 6am this morning and it was very sharp and quite cold, the forecast was overcast all morning with rain this afternoon so my 9.15hrs tee time was OK, so, what to wear?

I thought I'd go for a vest for the first time this year and my long sleeved ClimaLite shirt and lined jumper as I avoid wearing a jacket at all costs, I felt comfortable on the 1st tee but as the round and time passed I got very warm, in fact I got uncomfortable and soon realised I had too many layers on! OK the jumper comes off and I'm still a little hot under the collar!

Its awkward I think to judge the right items to wear at times, its cold at the start and warms up beyond expectations so do you commit to a compression top with just a Polo over the top or multiple layers to remove as time goes on or.......?

Do you always get the right combination or do you find yourself stripping away the layers making your bag heavier to carry?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Forgot my short sleeve windshirt yesterday.
At time it was chilly with the breeze and I needed something so the light fleece went on as it was the only thing in the bag.
As soon as the sun came out the fleece had to go.
On and off so many times I lost count....

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
The main objective is to be warm but not sweat.
I suppose the best thing to do is start off layered up and remove accordingly.
Once warm a golf top and fleece jumper does me best.

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
I swear by my lined windproof sweater. I hate wearing a jacket so usually dress for the warmest it's likely to be and if it's cooler will put on the windproof sweater. In the summer it's usually short sleeved shirt & sweater, then, as it gets cooler, long sleeved shirt, then polo and, in the depths of winter, thermal vest, polo, wool sweater & the windproof job. That's as much as I can swing comfortably in but it has to be really, really cold not to feel warm in that lot. I'm seriously considering thermal long Johns for this winter, the tops are just so warm. Anyone else wear them?

Plus the stay on in all winds leather hat (as per avatar).

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
You need a gillet or maybe a tank top. Warm at the core but it gives you the ability to feel the cooling breeze on you arms :thup:

My golfing gillet will be making an appearance tomorrow am,

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
I swear by my lined windproof sweater. I hate wearing a jacket so usually dress for the warmest it's likely to be and if it's cooler will put on the windproof sweater. In the summer it's usually short sleeved shirt & sweater, then, as it gets cooler, long sleeved shirt, then polo and, in the depths of winter, thermal vest, polo, wool sweater & the windproof job. That's as much as I can swing comfortably in but it has to be really, really cold not to feel warm in that lot. I'm seriously considering thermal long Johns for this winter, the tops are just so warm. Anyone else wear them?

I don't trust a golfer in those hats, you swinging a club or rounding up cows :confused:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site

Thermal long johns ... You southern poof, why don't you just wear your wife's tights ?

;):rofl:

D

Deleted Member 1156

A fur lined jock strap, some nipple clamps, water proof socks, and a gimp mask, and I'm ready to rock.

If that is what you wear on the golf course then it would be interesting to hear what you wear in the bedroom to keep Mrs Murph happy :eek:

On 2nd thoughts.......maybe it's best we don't know :eek:

D

Deleted member 1740

I like being cold so it's ususally just a polo and sweater and by the time I start playing I'm hot enough so the sweater comes off.

I hate being warm.