What shape is your game (mindset) in? are you trying to get better or on a slippery slope?

Where are you at with your game?

• I'm trying to get better and probably WILL improve.

Votes: 41 69.5%
  • I'm still trying to get better but probably WON'T improve.

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • I think I have plateaued and will just play the way I do, I'm not really trying to get any better.

Votes: 8 13.6%
  • It's more than likely downhill from here!!

Votes: 5 8.5%

• Total voters

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Just wondering what your mindeset is with your own game?
Are you still super enthusiastic and looking to knock a ton of shots off your h/cap and practicing as much as your body allows? Perhaps you are looking to still try and improve and maybe lower your h/cap by a couple of strokes or do you not really care anymore and just go with what you've got?
What is this 'Golf'

D

Deleted member 23344

I think I have plateaued, although I am trying to get better.

VVega

Assistant Pro
Visit site
prob on the slippery slope down now, I'm playing some of the best golf since i started playing, but the course changes have made my home track at least 3 shots harder for me, where i was prev rewarded for a good straight drive there is now a bunker i can't carry and have to lay up ioff the tee on holes that are 500 yards plus, one being 550
Out of interest, what was the motivation for the change? Were members asked to approve?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Out of interest, what was the motivation for the change? Were members asked to approve?
Yes we did, but they sort of canvassed the ladies section telling them how much easier the course was going to be and got most of them on side, which it is to an extent. so pretty much the whole LS turned up and voted for it. when they saw the changes most of them kicked off an were going to leave. They have def made it easier for elite players who can carry the ball 270 Plus. most of the bunkers are in place from the black tee's for the Am championship due to be held this year. but off the medal tee's theres lots of bunkers i have to lay up short of as my sunday best goes straight in. We have a lot of scratch and lower guys and since the changes its a score in the 60's gross that wins most weeks now, on the old set up it was once in a blue moon someone would shoot a score like that.

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site
Haven't touched a club since the week before Christmas. Can't imagine the game is in great shape. Really hope the enthusiasm returns when golf returns.

Whereditgo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Definitely expecting to shave a couple of strokes off this year. I don't really have enough time to practice or play to get it much lower at the moment.

My long game and putting are fairly consistent, but I really need to improve my pitching and chipping to get to the level I would like to be at.

VVega

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Yes we did, but they sort of canvassed the ladies section telling them how much easier the course was going to be and got most of them on side, which it is to an extent. so pretty much the whole LS turned up and voted for it. when they saw the changes most of them kicked off an were going to leave. They have def made it easier for elite players who can carry the ball 270 Plus. most of the bunkers are in place from the black tee's for the Am championship due to be held this year. but off the medal tee's theres lots of bunkers i have to lay up short of as my sunday best goes straight in. We have a lot of scratch and lower guys and since the changes its a score in the 60's gross that wins most weeks now, on the old set up it was once in a blue moon someone would shoot a score like that.
Thank you for sharing. It is a shame that members clubs keep tinkering with their courses architecture in pursuit of keeping up with the “modern game” and chasing vanity metrics of some AM competitions, instead of simply maintaining what they have to the best possible quality.