What problems would this cause

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Just seen this months Gm and my position at attack is not good, granted its alot better than the picture at the moment, but I'm interested to know what sort of faults you would expect to see from someone in this position

258EA40E-0B26-43D9-A8BE-6D2F974BF123-5356-000003BAC0C0418A.jpg

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Some powerful things there. Head behind ball, good weight transfer, arms connected, shoulders rotating around spine tilt. Hips have slid a bit too much without turning for my liking, this will tend to block the arms and create a push shot.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
OS. Hard to tell from a single frame but....

Depending on your timing, I can imagine either high pushes or pulls.

Agree with SR re hips sliding rather than turning but not about connection. Shoulders look out of sync and arms and hands look too active - or is the right hand quite strong?. Do you chicken-wing? Or finish with club below shoulders?

Head seems a bit too far behind ball too - behind setup. Have you had a swaying problem in the past? Presumably, this is a Driver, so the upward swing (angle of attack) is probably a good thing - probably wouldn't be for irons though.

Quite brave putting this up. Some of my video ones are embarrassing!

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Its hard to say exactly without seeing you coming into impact but I would guess a high push and if your wrists are turning to rescue the blocked hips you may get a hook.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
OS. Hard to tell from a single frame but....

Agree with SR re hips sliding rather than turning but not about connection.

I think the arms are held tightly against the chest which is what I mean by connection. The elbows have collapsed a little but they may have been like that at address.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I think the arms are held tightly against the chest which is what I mean by connection. The elbows have collapsed a little but they may have been like that at address.

Welcome to the SR/FH late night swing discussion! Where's JO to put us both right! One day we'll meet up and laugh at vids of each other's swings over a beer or wine!

There's not a great distance between 'connected' and 'cramped' and it often only takes a little nudge to cross that boundary - all with the best intentions too!

Straight left arm in the back-swing (and one-piece take-away) seems to be the preferred style these days - even for LK devotees?

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Foxholer, to answer a couple of questions

As far as I'm aware I don't chicken wing,

Grip is always a touch strong and something I have to watch

Regarding swaying, I wouldn't say I sway so much, but can sometimes get weight stuck on back foot

Handsy, this is a problem that goes with grip but I'm am working on this.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
As far as I'm aware I don't chicken wing,

Grip is always a touch strong and something I have to watch

Regarding swaying, I wouldn't say I sway so much, but can sometimes get weight stuck on back foot

Handsy, this is a problem that goes with grip but I'm am working on this.

I was wondering what was going to happen to the left arm, as the hands look as if they may have 'flipped' slightly. Possibly going to look a bit 'cricket swing-ish' (back past the bowler) or a wonderfully finished full golf-swing! Which one depends hugely on timing. As stated in a previous post, impossible to tell from a single frame.

Does look a powerful drive though so, if you are thinking of changes, no need to 'rebuild' but, as with everybody, some adjustments might improve consistency.

Couple more questions to you. Was that a typical swing? What are you wanting to solve (if anything)?

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Where's JO to put us both right!

Don't know... ain't seen him for a while :)

Nice to see you back on the forum Barry, thought you'd left us for a while back there.

Can't tell what the ballflight is from a single pic as path and clubface are what creates the flight. Your stance does look a bit narrow though which is why you're able to bump that hip out so much and lean so far away from the target (suggesting HIGH ballflfight) with your upper body. I'd suggest you'd be more stable (powerful) if you widen your stance with driver just a touch.

James.

DCB

Visit site
It's a bad picture to be using to make assumptions really. The ball has long gone and the clubhead is 4-5' past the point of strike. A pic from the point of strike would be far more usefull in trying to fathom out any issues.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Don't know... ain't seen him for a while :)

Nice to see you back on the forum Barry, thought you'd left us for a while back there.

Can't tell what the ballflight is from a single pic as path and clubface are what creates the flight. Your stance does look a bit narrow though which is why you're able to bump that hip out so much and lean so far away from the target (suggesting HIGH ballflfight) with your upper body. I'd suggest you'd be more stable (powerful) if you widen your stance with driver just a touch.

James.

It's funny as shortly after that pic I had a lesson and the first thing he addressed was a more stable base. I think the feet are now approx 4 inch wider appart and the ball with driver is a lot further forward ;)

Re not being about for a while, see pm.

D

Deleted Member 1156

From the evidence you have provided ( strong grip) and one single frame, there is only one shot you can hit from that position.

A high hook.

So tell us, what was the outcome??