What one course has disappointed you?

arnieboy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
It been disappointed with any of the top courses I’ve played so far.

Biggest let down for me has been turning up to lingfield Park and playing 3 days in a field. Seriously the racetrack had shorter grass than the fairways.
We were there last week and the staff were just getting round to removing the large amount of grass growing in the bunkers!

D

Deleted member 1740

Royal North Devon.

Expected more than I got if I am honest, I walked off very disappointed as I found that Cameron could hit the ball 90 yards off line on most holes and still have a shot in. It just felt like an open field the day we played it.

I want to go back to see if I got it all wrong and it’s really as good as it’s made out to be.

i didnt like it though that might've been down to the tosser i played with...

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Goswick Northumberland Zzzzzzzzzzzz. Equally gutted coz the flying Scotsman went by 30 mins before we turned up. If we had of known, me flask, Mac and train number book would of been out and ready.

D

Deleted member 21258

Princes would be the one.

Well look after, layout just not interesting and layout trumps condition for me.

D

Deleted member 21258

Really ? So if a great layout course is in terrible condition you'd prefer it over an average layout but great condition....wowsers !!

Yes, I would rather play an interesting layout course(assuming the course is playable...I know that is stating the obvious but thought I better add that :geek:), than a perfect condition course that has a boring layout.

Is that okay with you, wowsers shock and horror ;):p:eek::LOL::ROFLMAO:

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The Oxfordshire. For somewhere that has held pro events it was dull bland, windy and I can't think of a standout hole. The level of service in the pro shop and bar area was cold.

I get dull and bland (although same thing in essence) but you didn’t like it cos of the wind?

Hmmm

User 99

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
Yes, I would rather play an interesting layout course(assuming the course is playable...I know that is stating the obvious but thought I better add that :geek:), than a perfect condition course that has a boring layout.

Is that okay with you, wowsers shock and horror ;):p:eek::LOL::ROFLMAO:

I have always looked upon a golf course on condition, if it's in rubbish condition, then it's a rubbish course, to me a course is only as good as it's greens. ;):p:eek::LOL::ROFLMAO:

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
The Oxfordshire, when I played it earlier this year was disappointing. I had heard great things, but it was meh. Great condition, for sure, but suited a fade. Every flipping hole. My favoured shot is a high draw. This is a course that does not suit my eye.
Bung in lazy staff, and I am out.

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
Royal North Devon.

Expected more than I got if I am honest, I walked off very disappointed as I found that Cameron could hit the ball 90 yards off line on most holes and still have a shot in. It just felt like an open field the day we played it.

I want to go back to see if I got it all wrong and it’s really as good as it’s made out to be.
Best links hole in golf though!!🤣🤣

For me in the UK, Trevose. Big rep, but disappointing!!! Abroad la manga south. Not all that IMO.

HamiltonGuy

Visit site
Archerfield.
Which one? I’ve played the one which is half parkland (Fidra maybe?) and thoroughly enjoyed it. Not played the other however liked the whole setup of the place facilities etc was taken by a member and if I was retired and could go regularly I would join

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Royal Liverpool for me, I played it a couple of days after playing Formby, and was expecting a similar type of course. Now I have played a lot more links courses I dare say I will now appreciate it but at the time it was a let down.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
Which one? I’ve played the one which is half parkland (Fidra maybe?) and thoroughly enjoyed it. Not played the other however liked the whole setup of the place facilities etc was taken by a member and if I was retired and could go regularly I would join

It was the the Fidra. I was invited by a friend and was impressed with the clubhouse and the facilities, but I felt that it was very over rated and over priced for what it is. £80 for an invited guest seemed extortionate for any course in East Lothian. My feeling is that it caters for "New Money" and I didn't feel comfortable with the surroundings. The course itself was in pretty good condition but not the best I've played, especially for what it cost.

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
County Sligo (Rosses Point) for me!!

No idea why it ranks as high as it does and bar 2 or 3 good holes is pretty much a flat field with another couple of holes on the side of hills. Must be about the least dramatic links course along the west coast of Ireland.

All of course my opinion

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Blakes. Supposedly 'inland links' but only gets anywhere near that because they shirked on planting trees - along with everything else. Couple of nice/interesting holes but rest of course decidedly not memorable.

Last edited: