What one course has disappointed you?

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Remedy oak played a few years ago it had daisys growing on the greens and the walk from green to tee was longer than walking the course

Have heard from mote than one person that the course condition leaves a lot to be desired. Are they overegging the perceived exclusive image perhaps?

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Walton Heath Old - it’s still a good course but I had very high expectations of it and thought it would be alongside the Sunningdales and Swinley Forest but felt very disappointed by it , and the Grove - just bland imo

Totally agree about Walton Heath. 36 holes that are nearly all the same with no atmosphere outside the noise of the M25.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
It been disappointed with any of the top courses I’ve played so far.

Biggest let down for me has been turning up to lingfield Park and playing 3 days in a field. Seriously the racetrack had shorter grass than the fairways.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ain’t played that many 😁
One that sticks out is Cathedral course at Ramside. Was supposed to be a decent quality venue but the new course is nothing special at all. Now being turned into a housing estate I read on here, a very expensive one as well I imagine.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Nicklaus course?

What disappointed you?
I thoroughly enjoyed it and although it chewed me up and spat me out, would definitely go back for a couple of days

Knew i shouldnt have posted lol, always a contentious view! This is from 20 years or so ago (havent been back and have no plans to do so!), but was the unfairest track Id ever played, good shots got penalised, bad shots got lucky, was just a complete luckfest and left a group of very good golfers (and me) completely demoralised after playing it

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
The Belfry over here, but abroad it'd be Penina, by a distance
An absolute hovel and boring beyond belief, plus we were treated like dirt ...................... which never helps.

User 99

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
Carnoustie for me. No denying it is an amazing test of golf but I didn't find it enjoyable.

Played it recently, and played pretty well, but was left flat with it despite having played it a few times before and enjoyed it but this time round, didn't do a lot for me, though possibly the fact it was a 5 hour round.

D

Deleted member 17920

Royal North Devon.

Expected more than I got if I am honest, I walked off very disappointed as I found that Cameron could hit the ball 90 yards off line on most holes and still have a shot in. It just felt like an open field the day we played it.

I want to go back to see if I got it all wrong and it’s really as good as it’s made out to be.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Northwest in Donegal, just didn't do it for me for a links and one of the oddest shoehorned in par 3s I've ever seen. Clubhouse was in need of modernising too, all my opinion of course.