What MAC?

John

Club Champion
Visit site
Have to agree with nearly everyone else.

Switched to a Macbook Pro a couple of years ago after a Toshiba laptop that crashed randomly up to 15 times a day, every day for its 8 month life.

My MBP has not crashed once. No virus/malware problems. They are more expensive than equivalent spec PC's but you will be guaranteed to go through at least 3 PC machines in half the life of your mac.

Didn't get the hype until i took the plunge, I'll never go near a windows machine again.

G

guest100718

Have to agree with nearly everyone else.

Switched to a Macbook Pro a couple of years ago after a Toshiba laptop that crashed randomly up to 15 times a day, every day for its 8 month life.

My MBP has not crashed once. No virus/malware problems. They are more expensive than equivalent spec PC's but you will be guaranteed to go through at least 3 PC machines in half the life of your mac.

Didn't get the hype until i took the plunge, I'll never go near a windows machine again.

Don't worry, as more and more people take the plunge there will be more than enough viruses and malware ported to Macs....

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've had a Mac in some form or another since the late 1980s. Been through many versions, but one thing is clear all through this time: they just 'work' right out of the box.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Spoke directly to Apple and made my choices

21.5-inch iMac

Hardware
3.1GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2X4GB
1TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 1GB GDDR5
Apple Magic Mouse
Apple Wireless Keyboard
Accessory Kit
Apple USB superdrive

£1403 +vat

changed my mind:rolleyes: 21.5" is too small, going for 27".

@rooter, no not tried win 8, scunnered with windows to be honest- I get a bsod once every 2 days now and thats after a clean rebuild that cost me an arm and a leg........as well as 4 days without my machine and lost data.:angry:

That Apple time machine that backs up hourly wirelessly looks excellent

MarkA

Head Pro
Visit site
What made you change?

I keep hearing it takes quite awhile to get used to the change and the OP system isn't as logical as windows, am I hearing correctly?

I changed over last April - Ive got a pc also at home and I haven't even switched it on sine I got the imac - Windows 8 killed PCs for me though I do use a win 7 PVC at work. You'll scratch your head for a couple of weeks but they are very straightforward

S

Snelly

I am reactivating this thread as I am going to get a Macbook Pro in the January sales and wondered if there have been any major changes since April that make a difference to the decision on which model.

Any advice on what I need to look for? I will be using this as my main work machine.

Budget up to £1500.

Thanks.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I am reactivating this thread as I am going to get a Macbook Pro in the January sales and wondered if there have been any major changes since April that make a difference to the decision on which model.

Any advice on what I need to look for? I will be using this as my main work machine.

Budget up to £1500.

Thanks.

MacBook Pro got an upgrade in July, unsure by what if I'm honest

http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/#Mac

Lanark_Golfer

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I've taken the plunge and bought a 27" iMac, it's mainly for my daughter as she'll soon be needing one for school work etc. I'm sure it will work out well with the iPad's, iPhone's and Apple TV we have currently though. Have to admit, haven't even tried one but if it's anything like an iPad or iPhone then I'm sure it'll be a winner :)

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I've taken the plunge and bought a 27" iMac, it's mainly for my daughter as she'll soon be needing one for school work etc. I'm sure it will work out well with the iPad's, iPhone's and Apple TV we have currently though. Have to admit, haven't even tried one but if it's anything like an iPad or iPhone then I'm sure it'll be a winner :)

The OS and where they hide files takes a bit of getting used but if I'm honest I wouldn't go back to windows now.

Lanark_Golfer

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
The OS and where they hide files takes a bit of getting used but if I'm honest I wouldn't go back to windows now.

I'm sure if I get stuck my 9 yr old daughter will help me out :rofl:

I fitted a smart TV in the back room a few months back and she started streaming you tube videos on it controlled from her iPad before I had even got the manual out lol

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site

exactly! they task me, they task me!

[video=youtube_share;gsYT8YHL-R0]http://youtu.be/gsYT8YHL-R0[/video]

S

Snelly

Bought a 13" MacBook Pro with the i7 chip, 512GB and 16GB RAM.

Using it now and am close to clueless at this stage as to how to navigate around it. I will get there I am sure though. :)

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
Bought a 13" MacBook Pro with the i7 chip, 512GB and 16GB RAM.

Using it now and am close to clueless at this stage as to how to navigate around it. I will get there I am sure though. :)

Great choice. I'm still using an 6 year old Macbook pro thats had ZERO! issues since buying new in 2008.