What is the oldest club in your bag?

EarCat

Assistant Pro
Visit site
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Taylor-Ma...gular-shaft-head-cover-old-golf-/380821698511

I bought a mint condition, stiff shafted TM Burner 3 Wood complete with bubble grip and oddly designed shaft circa 1995 in my bag that I bought for £3 at a car boot sale last Sunday, a bargain if ever I saw one. I took it out on the course today and I have never hit a golf ball with a wood as consistently in terms of trajectory and curvature before in my life, a low-mid 10 yard fade every time that flies 220 yards. It is 15 yards behind my regular 3 wood, but I have a confidence when I hit this club like I have never had with any other club. It is good to know that a club that was made when I was 3 years old still works brilliantly. Does anyone else play with anything 20+ years old?

Tab373

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Have a late 80s wilson tpa XVIII putter and a early 90s ping anser. will use the wilson when I play next as it better on wet greens

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site
I do own a chipper which has been in action longer than the 20 years i have been playing, but since starting to read this forum, I'm too embarrassed to use it any more.

granters

Q-School Graduate
www.theirvinegolfclub.co.uk
Callaway big Bertha 1 iron, got it about 92 and a permanent fixture in the bag.

It's like triggers broom though, on about its 5th shaft. So easy to hit, comes in handy off the tee

HarryMonk

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Until last summer I was back using my trusty old driver, I have now replaced this with a newer model, and replaced my irons (could'nt hit a cows backside) with my fathers old pings, whilst I look for a new set.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
nope, but I do have a TM R510TP in the bag at the moment ... 2003 'ish

friend had one of those...never seen anyone hit a driver so well in my life, and so far. All of sudden, he just lost distance with it, and consistency for a prolonged period of time...so he bought something new. and then something else. and then something else etc. Not quite been the same since!

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
friend had one of those...never seen anyone hit a driver so well in my life, and so far. All of sudden, he just lost distance with it, and consistency for a prolonged period of time...so he bought something new. and then something else. and then something else etc. Not quite been the same since!
Sounds just like me, except I kept hold of it, and it went back in a month ago and seems just as long as previous clubs, and keeps up with my mates too.

dewsweeper

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Acushnet Bullseye putter,brass head and centre shaft circa mid 60's I think.
£5 out of the 2nd hand barrel in AG in the 80's.
If you have not tried a brass putter, give it a go,marvellous feel of the face summer and winter.
Dewweeper

EuanRoss

Assistant Pro
Visit site
My Progen 3-iron is from my first set of adult irons which I think I got when I was 13 or 14 years old which means that it's just had its 15th birthday. Probably my favourite club, tends to never get much more than 5 yards off the ground which makes it ideal for hitting "stingers" off the tee.