What is the oldest club in your bag?

S

Snelly

Regularly have a putter in my bag that I got in about 1985. It is a Wilson TPA VXIII and the same model as Faldo won the Masters with. It is an absolute classic.

Currently have a Ray Cook putter in my bag. This is also pretty old. I would hazard a guess at mid-90's.

Interestingly, my newest club in the bag is over 6 years old too.

Hammertoe

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have just taken out a Taylormade Burner 3 wood with the flex twist graphite shaft that I got on holiday in Florida in 1991, its just been replaced by a cobra amp, I have the driver somewhere as well, bought them as a set. I also have a 1992 Wilson Killer Whale Firestick Driver (the John Daly one) in the shed at home that was only replaced about 4 years ago, it's my all time favourite club that I still hit at the range occasionally for old times sake.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I have just taken out a Taylormade Burner 3 wood with the flex twist graphite shaft that I got on holiday in Florida in 1991, its just been replaced by a cobra amp, I have the driver somewhere as well, bought them as a set. I also have a 1992 Wilson Killer Whale Firestick Driver (the John Daly one) in the shed at home that was only replaced about 4 years ago, it's my all time favourite club that I still hit at the range occasionally for old times sake.

I've got a flex twist system 2 too, keep threatening to game it just for a giggle.

shivas irons

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
My 962b irons I currently use are circa 1999 and Ping Pal 2 putter must be about 10 years old now.Nothing wrong with using the old gear and there really is some some bargains to be had.

centuryg5

Head Pro
Visit site
Played at my Local Muni,went for a tinkle in the bushes, found a Ping Answer 2 Putter,with a snapped shaft,Asked our Pro at the time to Re-shaft it,£4 it cost,been in my bag ever since,will not use anything else, That was 1989...........

shivas irons

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Played at my Local Muni,went for a tinkle in the bushes, found a Ping Answer 2 Putter,with a snapped shaft,Asked our Pro at the time to Re-shaft it,£4 it cost,been in my bag ever since,will not use anything else, That was 1989...........
What a great story :cheers:

r11john

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Are you taking the p****r.

Tab373

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Just bought a original Ping rapture driver 2008 I think. Spotted it on eBay 2 nites ago but bloke selling lived near my parents so said £30 if he delivered it. Which he did and I collected it today. Just shame course is still closed.