What happens when your shot changes to a draw ?

Wolfman

Tour Rookie
Visit site
After a huge amount of work my stock shot is now a draw ( hooray )

This is new to me as i have been either a slicer or pulling my shots hard left

How do i addapt my game for the draw as i am getting better distance and the slight rainbow shape right to centre

Should i aim very slightly to play more down the right side

This isnt a question about the technique but a question about change of course planning

Any tips

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
aim right :thup:

well actually, you should aim according to where you want your ball to land and allow for the amount of draw, wind etc etc so it really should be done on a shot by shot, hole by hole basis as left hand of fairway/green etc may be the better shot

not much help but makes sense to me lol

Wolfman

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Thanks every comment helps

I remember in my slicing days the tips about where to setup on the tee box i.e right side aim left etc, this is now changed with my draw.

I assume now i must trust my new shot shape and expect it to at first move slightly off to the right and draw back to target

The great thing is i achieve the shot shape purely from my swing path now more correct instead of having to adjust my stance, aim, swing etc

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
I guess instead of changing your aim point you could just line up differently on the tee box.

Be careful though, I find with the fade I can aim off/open up too much which then causes the slice or I can do too little and hit dead straight... its about finding whats most consistant for you so no doubt will be a bit trial and error for a while.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
After a huge amount of work my stock shot is now a draw ( hooray )

Define 'DRAW'

What shape are you actually getting in relation to your aim?

You are lined up square and the ball starts to the right and curves back to center? (landing on your target)

You are lined up square and the ball starts straight and curves to the left of center? (missing your target to the left)

You are lined up square and the ball starts a little left and curves a little more left?

You have a different ballflight to these or you don't line up square?

The more info the better..... and are we talking irons, driver, all clubs?

From what you said it sounds like the ball starts a little right and curves left a little, landing on your target... if that's the case then you don't need to change anything :confused:

Last edited:

Wolfman

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Set up square, club face aimed at target, plus new improved swing =

Ball starts off very slightly to the right of target and turns back to target near the end ( a draw )

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Set up square, club face aimed at target, plus new improved swing =

Ball starts off very slightly to the right of target and turns back to target near the end ( a draw )

Then you don't need to change anything,,, the ball is landing on your target, correct? Why would you suddenly feel like changing your aim?

That's like holing every putt then wondering if you should aim more right... :p

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
aim right :thup:

well actually, you should aim according to where you want your ball to land and allow for the amount of draw

Actually you should aim square for a draw with the clubface pointing a fraction right of target. I did tell you on the phone Gibbo that you aim square for a draw and open for a fade, was it that hard to remember? :whistle:

... and then you come out with "aim right" :rolleyes:

:ears::ears:

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
I was actually going to put that but it didnt look right so to avoid ridicule I went with the obvious (safe yet wrong) option

memory jogged, its been a hard couple of days at work lol