what GI irons suitable for 6ft 1" 16 y/o...

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
my son has started playing, got him some lessons booked with his pocket money so now looking for a half decent 2nd hand set of SGI/GI irons.

Trouble is they will have to be cheap so not sure what ones I should be considering as theres so many out there

anything you chaps would recommend?

stanleyboy

Club Champion
Visit site
Deep Red Fat shafts were my first set of GI Irons, they are SUPER forgiving and good for building (in my case some sort) of game and confidence. Going Cheap on Ebay!

Philm

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
cheap is the key word ;)

although is it a case of you get what you pay for?

will check them out

something like this if you could stretch the price?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MIZUNO-MX17-IR...=item4aacde8d87

though personally id not choose any particular make at this point and just search ebay, you could end up with an older set of mizuno callaway wilson ping or titliest under 100pounds which would give the fella a decent starting point.

Phil

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
would have to be under £100 as thats all he has in the bank, unfortunately I cannot fund this for him as skinto mucho lol.

Ebay perusal commences in earnest

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Aztecs, does any other brand exist in golf for you? :D
(apart from girly white drivers of course)

:D

Of course. I had a hit with some slightly less chunky Cally's the other day (dunno what model) which were lovely.

Mizzy are just my number one :)

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Cally x 16 pros etc should be around the 100 mark these days, nice clubs that are easy to hit into the air fairly straight. Get decent wedges seperately though.

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have a set of cobra FP's 5-PW that i'd be willing to part with. They were fitted for my brother who is about 6'2. I bought them from him to get started but the length of shaft was starting to affect me as I'm only 5'9. I'd say the heads are about 6/7 out of 10. The shafts and 8/10 and grips are 8/9 out of 10. All Golf Pride Multicompound black and reds. They are very nice clubs to hit and quite forgiving. Also throw in a Nike Stand bag. £100 plus P&P. He can also have a Cobra HUMP 3 and 4 iron with that as I have no use for them at all and he may like them (if not they make good alignment aids ;))

PM me if you are interested.