What do you think of my swing??

daveyc2k2

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I think it's just over work on little things with the backswing. With that old swing I used to hit a huge slice, which was very uncontrollable as opposed to the small fade I hit now.

daveyc2k2

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Just thinking about the first video I posted. I took 4 videos on the day and in the one I was trying for a shallower swing which may be why the backswing was on the outside.

I will post another video tonight where I think it was more normal, although it may not be any different.

In respect of being hunched, I am 6ft and clubs are standard. When I first watched it I thought I was very hunched over at first, then I straighten my back and it appears ok to me. I may be wrong but never been told I was hunched during my swing before.

Thanks guys.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
something qiuck and easy to try. you say you used to hit big slices, now its a small fade.

try standing slightly closed and aim RIGHT of the target. give it a bash to see what happens.

daveyc2k2

Tour Rookie
Visit site
To be honest I have learned to play with the fade and im quite happy with it. I know it's there and allow for it. I'm not fussed about hitting dead straight or a draw, it's control I want, and if I can control my fade and know my distances then I am happy.

I really do appreciate all comments made. Thanks.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
im just saying you should try it. it will help you in the long run. no one is ever fully happy with their swing ever. you will be on here in 6 months time asking how to draw the ball. ;)

daveyc2k2

Tour Rookie
Visit site
That's understandable. We always want to change something.

As promised here is a video of my swing at the start of the range session. This is more what I tend to do as opposed to the other video where I was trying for a shallower swing. It could be that it's exactly the same. But to my untrained eye I am not sure.

http://youtu.be/oCHvNm4Ch7k

Thanks

daveyc2k2

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Thanks Phil appreciate the comment. The first video I was trying for a flatter swing.

Funnily enough the swing in the second video I believe won me (awaiting confirmation) the End of Year stableford comp at our place on Sunday.