What do you think of my swing??

D

Deleted Member 1156

Yeah, the light makes it hard to see exactly what is going on but assuming the camera is pointing straight down the target line (?) you are taking the club back quite a long way outside the line then swing out to in. Try to get the club going back a bit straighter then from the top of the swing you need to get it going more down the target line or slightly in to out. There is also a lack of wrist break which is why you aren't getting the club parallel at the top, this will lose you a bit of distance.

These two things are contributing to your fade/slice. Sort out those 2 issues and you will hit the ball longer and straighter.

daveyc2k2

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Thanks for the comments guys, apologies for the quality but it's the best I could manage.

Drive4show, funnily enough with my pro we are trying to get me to swing through more on the target line / in to out. It's very new but getting better each lesson.

Thanks again for the comments.

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
I thought you looked very stooped over at address, not sure if its the camera angle, as homer said, it looks very outside the line, it only looks like a 3/4 swing, i would say it looks like a cut your hitting, and are probably losing potential yardage.
Ofcourse i could be wrong.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
what height are you. my first thought was that you looked quite hunched over. you may need longer clubds. i may be talking rubbish.

as mentioned about you seem to take the club well to the outside on the way back but then drop it into the slot on the way back down. i know a junior at my old club who had that swing. he was a master at it. miles outside, drop into the slot and was hitting perfectly straight shots. he was getting lessons at the time so he has moved away from the takeaway now.

place a club or alignment stick beside you ball like in this pic and try not to go "outside" that stick on the way back. that should help in some way to keep down that fade/slice.

socky

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm far from an expert and agree with the other posters about the quality of the vid not helping. But saying that I think you are cutting across the ball a lot, so would expect a lot of slices/fades with maybe the occassional pull straight left ?

Stick with lessons and I'm sure the pro will have you hitting the ball from the inside a lot more.

To me it seems as if you pick the club up with your arms on your backswing, mabye try feeling like you arms are passive and you are just rotating your shoulders instead ? That might lead you to getting the club a bit more behing you on the backswing....

Anyway like I said I'm no expert so its just me 2p's worth.

Last edited:

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Thanks very much. I am only on my 2nd lesson with him and he is actually changing the swing from the one given by my previous pro. But thanks for the constructive comment. :rolleyes:

It was very constructive. I recommended you found a new pro and that's apparently exactly what you've done. I blame your old pro too for 'giving' you that swing, hopefully the new pro will 'take it away'.

If he doesn't stop you taking the club to the outside in your next lesson.... find another one or you're just going to be fleeced and fleeced and fleeced with tweaks and fixes adinfinitum.

You look like a capable guy physically so why not find someone who respects that you MIGHT just be able to swing properly if they show you how to!

DAVEYBOY

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Im certainly no expert but I had a very similar problem to you when it comes to cutting across the ball. Do you miss right a lot with a loss of distance?

One 30 minute with my pro and my first ever lesson and my swing changed completely. Now after 3/4 lessons there are no similarities between the two swings. I've Gained a huge amount of distance and hit the ball straight or with a little draw. If I slice a shot now I'm go smacked as my bad shot now is a hook (flipping the hands)

I don't want to speak bad of your pro but if he can't see the problems others are seeing then he isn't doing a great job.