What do you drink whilst playing golf?

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site
Water nearly all of the time, but some kind of squash like Lemon Barley with ice in a flask when it is very hot.

Oops - forgot to mention in the survey - I also have a couple of 1/2L water bottles which have a filter at the top so you can chuck in fruit segments below - I usually put some fresh lemons in them.

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site
Water for me from the tap with maybe a little fruit squash added for taste. I maybe also take in a little fruit on the way round or a handfull of nuts if I am feeling peckish

SHiiBBZ

Club Champion
Visit site
Surprised barely anyone has said beer.

In the summer, nothing better than taking a few cans for the stroll - especially for a 9 holer after work on a Friday.

Usually I've got a Red Bull or Lucozade in my bag just for general consumption.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I'm bad for actually remembering to take a drink, no matter what it is..at the moment less of an issue, but summer I'm often dehydrated.
I wish there was some way to prompt me to take on liquid.

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
SIS, sport in science.
I use their powder in water - usually will try & have 2 sports bottles of this. Previously, I found that I would flag over the last 3 holes and score much worse than the first 15 and someone mentioned that I might not be drinking enough & be a bit dehydrated, as I used to only carry 1 bottle of drink - have noticed that this has improved since I started carrying 2 bottles of drink instead (although in the winter, I will only have 1 bottle of cold drink & a flask of coffee)!

Redtraveller

Club Champion
Visit site
Havent read the whole thread but if you use words along the lines of “it’ll give you 10 yards extra” it will sell out. It works for most driver manufacturers year after year

sunshine

Visit site
I'm afraid you're trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist.

Now now you’ve missed the opportunity here. Think of all those silly chumps buying lucozade off the shelf, they don’t realise it might not be the right product for them.

What we need is to get fitted for a custom golf drink. Galvin Green water is surely worth £10 a bottle, taylormade water will help you find another 10 yards.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Water, with ice cubes in, in warm weather, Whittard's hot chocolate in the cold. All carried in my wonderful Chilly's bottle. If anyone likes hot chocolate then treat yourself to a tub of Whittard's, it really is the business.

sjw

Visit site
It's interesting to hear your thoughts on incorporating golf influencers like Shields or Spirinac to engage the younger audience. Leveraging the popularity and influence of individuals who have a strong presence in the golf community can indeed help attract a wider demographic, including the younger generation, to the sport.

Regarding your choice of beverage on the golf course, it's important to stay hydrated, especially in warm weather. Diluting juice in a water bottle is a refreshing option to keep yourself hydrated throughout the round. And during a more leisurely golf weekend, enjoying a beer can add to the social aspect and relaxation of the experience.

Remember, everyone has their own preferences and routines when it comes to golf and the accompanying refreshments. As long as you're enjoying the game and respecting the rules and etiquette of the course, it's all about finding what works best for you.

Cheers to enjoyable rounds of golf, whether it's a family-friendly outing or a lively weekend with friends!
Never has a post read more like an AI.