What do you drink whilst playing golf?

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
Make your own

Ribena has more than enough sugar for a round of golf, if you are sweating like you would on an hour long bike ride add 1/4 teaspoon of salt per litre, and probably investigate why you're sweating so much on a 3 mile walk with breaks...

Last edited:

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Done, the bring or buy question is very black and white, I bring a filter coffee from home but always but a drink from the pro shop too. Hope the feedback helps Frank.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Make your own

Ribena has more than enough sugar for a round of golf, if you are sweating like you would on an hour long bike ride add 1/4 teaspoon of salt per litre, and probably investigate why your sweating so much on a 3 mile walk with breaks...

Yeah there really is no 'manufacturing' needed I just throw a dash of lime into plain water and freeze it, works well for me

3 miles though, that's a compact 18 holes... more like 7 miles (more if you have a slice)

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Tell that to Lucozade. They pretty much fill most drinks cabinets at most golf clubs. They have the market sewn up, someone is out there buying them. You can't blame someone for trying to grab a piece of that.

I'm not blaming anyone for anything, I was just suggesting that there is plenty of choice out there already.

There is always a market for sports drinks

I know I used to sell it.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I still of lucozade as being a drink for old people.
I was telling my daughter the other week, she is 20, how growing up Lucozade was only for when you were ill, it could only be wrapped in orange cellophane. The marketing head who decided to turn it into a sports drink was an absolute genius. It has transformed the brand but for those of an age, me included, it will always have a tinge of 'ill' or 'old' about it. Saying that, if I forget my water on a hot day then orange Lucozade is my go to drink, mmmmmmm :D.

FrankRoberts96

Visit site
Tell that to Lucozade. They pretty much fill most drinks cabinets at most golf clubs. They have the market sewn up, someone is out there buying them. You can't blame someone for trying to grab a piece of that.

Thanks Tyrion, this was what we were thinking. Something similar to Lucozade, but different with a few additional ingredients to help with soreness the next day, enhanced hydration etc. but thanks for your message, much appreciated

FrankRoberts96

Visit site
There is always a market for sports drinks

MGP is a recent one that’s been put out there and is popular in a lot of golf clubs

A lot of people underestimate how dehydrated you can get playing golf and never take enough fluid on

There are lots of things people drink - from the likes of Lucozade to water

Myself I drink flavoured water - either Volvic or Drench

Thanks mate, I’d not heard of MGP but it seems they have a very similar idea. Good for them!

Thanks for the feedback, I’ll go check them out

FrankRoberts96

Visit site
I was about to mention Prime, the kids go loopy for it.
Maybe get some golf influencers involved, Shields or Spirinac, not that it would get me involved but maybe the younger element?

As for the question at hand, I usually drink nothing, though if it’s warm diluting juice in a home filled water bottle.
Or beer if I’m away on a boozy golf weekend

You’re right prime has gone crackers! I’d love to get influencers on board, but I’d need a boat load full, and it’s not cheap to bring drinks out full stop. But thanks for your comment Albo, I really appreciate it