What are your biggest etiquette irritations?

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
When you are on the par 3 tee box standing downwind of your PP and he lets one rip, and it sounds bubbly and after about 4 seconds you get the full waft

Very off putting indeed ?

D

Deleted member 15344

When you are on the par 3 tee box standing downwind of your PP and he lets one rip, and it sounds bubbly and after about 4 seconds you get the full waft

Very off putting indeed ?

Too much info maybe ?

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Are all of these biggest etiquette irritations more irritating than the irritations in the Golfs Random Irritations thread.

Just curious.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
People marking their ball on the green with a tee when in the vicinity of the hole.
Yeah I never understand this. If you can hit a ball you can hit a tee? A nice flat marker though, at least if the putt veers that way it should roll over it. Unless it's a poker chip... we won't start on those. :p

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Yeah I never understand this. If you can hit a ball you can hit a tee? A nice flat marker though, at least if the putt veers that way it should roll over it. Unless it's a poker chip... we won't start on those. :p

I had someone once mark his ball with a pitch-mark repairer about a foot from the hole and I was around 20 feet away. And he could not see what the problem was. Total nob.

RichA

Visit site
If I didn't have a marker handy I used to use a coin, rather than a tee or repairer. Surely everyone has a coin??
I have a load of Victorian pennies and George V half-crowns in my bag. They're well worn and of minimal value. A little memento of our round for any playing partner who uses a tee as a ball marker. Nice way of solving a tiny problem without causing offence.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have a load of Victorian pennies and George V half-crowns in my bag. They're well worn and of minimal value. A little memento of our round for any playing partner who uses a tee as a ball marker. Nice way of solving a tiny problem without causing offence.
I had a couple of Hungarian Forints that I used for a while, they're pretty much worthless as well. :LOL:

yandabrown

Visit site
Never, ever, talk to my golf ball when it is in the air
:D, is an irrational superstition really part of an ettiquette debate? Don't get me wrong, I appreciate that some people are annoyed by it so it fits into ettiquette from that perspective but it's not like, noise, divots, pitch marks etc which can actually have an impact on the game. I wonder if we should have a real ettiquette list (noise, standing out of danger etc.) and an imaginary one (talking to balls, colour of socks etc.)?

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
Question... often, I'm well prepared to play my shot, I never take practice swing, and I'm pretty fast over the ball.

Is it bad etiquette for my ball to be airbourne before my playing partners has stopped moving?

I'd always check their not heading for trouble etc before starting...

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site
People who move to stand just out of reach of my perceived backswing after I've put my tee in the ground.... only because I like to stand directly behind my ball and pick a line, invariably they're standing just where I want to stand!

"You had the line...." comment as my putt pulls up 8ft short!

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Another vote for pitch marks. So obvious, so often, people must ignore them deliberately.
Mostly done by rock hard ball with no spin on.!
So their ball finishes up 30’ away from the mark , but they only look 6’ away as they think they spin a pinnacle like Rory.
I have said to players “ yours pitched up here”
They just laugh and say “no that had loads of spin on it, but I just can’t see my pitch mark”