What are your biggest etiquette irritations?

AliMc

Visit site
People leaving their tees in the ground, or even worse, pushing down into the ground.
Agree 100% Ken, annoys the hell out of me, greenkeepers must hate it too, although I don't know the last time I had to buy a tee to use at a par3 so suppose it has some compensation

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
People who stand on the green marking their scores. And then stand by the 18th adding everything up. The only time I've ever hit into a green at someone like that was on the 18th at Sunbury and I was coming in from about 220 on a par-5 so it only rolled onto the green past him. He was notorious for it. All four of us in the group let him have it with both barrels when he started to complain.

People like that should be hunted down with dogs and have it televised on Channel 4.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Moaning.

Moaning about the game. Moaning about the pace of play. Moaning about the course. About the greenkeepers. About the weather. About other members. About life. Moaning. Moaning. Moaning. Moaning about everything.

Maybe get another hobby and let us happier folk enjoy what little time we have.
Brilliant. Some people seem to be miserable from start to finish - there are plenty worse places you could be! I can honestly say none of things mentioned in this thread really aggravate me, I just get on with it.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Not repairing pitch marks is number 1.

Number 2 is people who get to their ball. Watch someone else hit. Than start to decide what shot they will play. This becomes even more irritating when they get the laser measure out or the yardage book and start pacing off from the 150. This is usually followed by a duff or an errant shot, and the whole song and dance starts again. Just hit the bloody ball!!

There are other minor irritations but they mostly fall under the common banner of people with no self awareness.

People talking or moving about doesn't bother me. Especially if they are not part of my group. But for some reason someone's shadow on my line or moving about on the tee irritates me slightly.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Inconsideration and selfishness - covers the whole lot. I don't mind if someone accidentally makes a faux pax - like when someone realises they are talking and quickly corrects themselves. It's those who don't give a toss about it and carry on.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Nothing bothers me on the course, I'm totally chilled out ??

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Not being ready to take your shot
Not repairing pitch marks
Moaning
100 practise swings followed by a shank
People not understanding the concept of a "call up hole" despite the boards on the tee box and green that explain it in black and white....

Boomy

Visit site
Not being ready to take your shot
Not repairing pitch marks
Moaning
100 practise swings followed by a shank
People not understanding the concept of a "call up hole" despite the boards on the tee box and green that explain it in black and white....

What is the acceptable number of practice swings before introducing the ball to ones hosel? Asking for a friend ?

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
What is the acceptable number of practice swings before introducing the ball to ones hosel? Asking for a friend ?

Always 1 or 2!

I dont take any, but I understand why people like to... one of my PP's really really really pushes me to the limits at times though. It would be fine if he was breaking 90 on the reg but its not the case

D

Deleted Member 1156

Clubs that don't insist on jacket and tie after 6pm and in the dining room at all times. Standards are slipping, they must be maintained!