What are you drinking tonight?

RichA

Visit site
Hobgoblin Gold. Not complaining, but why on Earth is it so cheap? £1.37 per 500ml bottle in Tesco.
It's delicious.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
8 bottles of titanic Steerage for £7.50. Gutted coz it was the last case. They were doing 2 cases for £15 I didn’t bother. When I saw it for £3.50 a bottle in a shop in Ashbourne I thought am Avin some of that. I missed out on a stonking bargain by snoozing.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
HID just got No 5 in ?
I hope neither of you are driving (or even putting) then!
Never got on with Proper Job on the occasions I tried it - a bit acetic, but that may have been storage. Tribute, on the other hand was a favourite!
Used to be a short but hilly course in Lostwithiel, but gone now I believe. FIL wouldn't play it because of the hills, yet he happily played St Austell, which I thought was almost as bad, if gentler.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I hope neither of you are driving (or even putting) then!
Never got on with Proper Job on the occasions I tried it - a bit acetic, but that may have been storage. Tribute, on the other hand was a favourite!
Used to be a short but hilly course in Lostwithiel, but gone now I believe. FIL wouldn't play it because of the hills, yet he happily played St Austell, which I thought was almost as bad, if gentler.
No driving involved, just a short walk back to the cottage we have rented. Never played the course myself, but having met a friend yesterday that lives nearby it has reopened as a nine-holer.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
No driving involved, just a short walk back to the cottage we have rented. Never played the course myself, but having met a friend yesterday that lives nearby it has reopened as a nine-holer.
Good to here - on both counts.
Apparently owned by Sir Tim Smit of Heligan Gardens and Eden Project fame, who has significant plans for the area that are, surprisingly to me, opposed by locals.

As for tonight's tipple.. Still Carlsberg in preference to Doom Bar while temperatures are high. Maybe a Honey Dew later

Last edited: