What are you drinking tonight?

AliMc

Visit site
I stopped drinking 24 years ago now when I turned 40, no need to explain why I just did !
I see there are a lot of no/very low alcohol bottles of beer now in the local Tesco any of them any good ?

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I stopped drinking 24 years ago now when I turned 40, no need to explain why I just did !
I see there are a lot of no/very low alcohol bottles of beer now in the local Tesco any of them any good ?

I've had the Estrella alcohol free beers, they were ok. Heineken 0.0 wasn't too bad either, surprisingly.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site

I'm teetotal too, have been for 3 years now. There are some very good zero beers. Looking online at the Tesco offerings, I would be getting

Guinness Zero - This really is excellent and if you like(d) Guinness then it's a must-have. It's so close to the original that I seriously think people would struggle to tell it's Alc free.
Erdinger Alkoholfrei - A proper thirst quencher. Good on a hot day. (Said to be Isotonic), tastes decent.
Beavertown Lazer Crush. Decent IPA, more summer for me, bit fruity but decent.
Brewdog Punk AF. Decent everyday IPA
Brooklyn Alc Free. This is my new Fav, it's lush!
Brewdog Nanny State. Quite hoppy, ok for a few now and again.
FreeDam. A decent cheap everyday one!

Personally, I avoid the 'high street' lagers, (Stella, Bud, Moretti, Peroni, Heineken) zero offers as they are poor in my eyes.

RichA

Visit site
Adnam's Ghost Ship 0.5 is very good. Unlike some others, it's not a low-alcohol brew. They brew the standard Ghost Ship ale then de-alcoholise it.
I've tried many and haven't found anything better. The rest all taste a bit chemically to me.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Guinness Zero - This really is excellent and if you like(d) Guinness then it's a must-have. It's so close to the original that I seriously think people would struggle to tell it's Alc free.
Erdinger Alkoholfrei - A proper thirst quencher. Good on a hot day. (Said to be Isotonic), tastes decent.

Personally, I avoid the 'high street' lagers, (Stella, Bud, Moretti, Peroni, Heineken) zero offers as they are poor in my eyes.

Had both the two highlighted and both are very nice - I'll quite happily drink both instead of alcoholic beers. But current favourite is Estrella Galicia 0.0 (as oposed to other Estrella versions of zero beers - but which are nice enough). Very much not impressed with Heineken 0.0

AliMc

Visit site
I'm teetotal too, have been for 3 years now. There are some very good zero beers. Looking online at the Tesco offerings, I would be getting

Just in from a game at windy Dunbar with a hell of a drouth, might try some of these, cheers ?

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Had both the two highlighted and both are very nice - I'll quite happily drink both instead of alcoholic beers. But current favourite is Estrella Galicia 0.0 (as oposed to other Estrella versions of zero beers - but which are nice enough). Very much not impressed with Heineken 0.0

I really like Estella Galicia (not related to Estrella Dam). Didn’t know they did a 0%.. there’s only one restaurant near me that sells Galicia, haven’t found anywhere else I can buy it?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site

All are decent, and I actually find Heineken 0.0% rather good. A favourite of mine not mentioned is Shipyard Low Tide Pale Ale. Very excellent.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
I really like Estrella Galicia (not related to Estrella Dam). Didn’t know they did a 0%.. there’s only one restaurant near me that sells Galicia, haven’t found anywhere else I can buy it?
I first had it in Spain (obv's) but then found that that they had some at the golf club . Bar Manager told me it was not going to be regular stockh - they had to get some zero alc's in a hurry. Pretty sure she said she'd got it from Majestic Wine. (Edit: just checked, Majestic definitely sell it, as well as normal Estrella Galicia).

Last edited:

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I first had it in Spain (obv's) but then found that that they had some at the golf club . Bar Manager told me it was not going to be regular stockh - they had to get some zero alc's in a hurry. Pretty sure she said she'd got it from Majestic Wine. (Edit: just checked, Majestic definitely sell it, as well as normal Estrella Galicia).

Will be drinking it tonight at the local Tapas bar.