What’s been your best ever putting round?

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
Just seen this stat, which is incredible - I can’t think, even through rose-tinted glasses or as a fearless junior, that I’ve ever got near to 100 feet?

Attachments

• A75BFED9-1870-4C14-AB98-18BE9B836467.jpeg
    A75BFED9-1870-4C14-AB98-18BE9B836467.jpeg
    22.7 KB · Views: 56

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Took me 2 weeks to get the feel for our greens running as fast as they are now but I had a round with 29 putts last week! My best putting day for sure. Probably due to a great short game day however I sank one from the bottom of a two tiered green from around 45 feet - my best putt to date!

D

Deleted Member 1156

Not a clue and I think it's yet another pointless stat that American sport seems to love so much.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Who the hell adds that up? I thought this was just going to be number of putts on a round. I have absolutely no idea what my best or worst total footage of putts holed would be.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I did used to track this kind of thing for a few years - approximates of course. But one of the Club Championships I won, I made over 110 feet of putts in the final round with three 20 footers including one on the final green (then found out I actually had two for it).

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
it's a good stat in conjunction with actual putts and GRs. If your total distance was less than 10 feet, you've missed everything and tapped in a ton.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
it's a good stat in conjunction with actual putts and GRs. If your total distance was less than 10 feet, you've missed everything and tapped in a ton.
Or your iron play was amazing and hit everything dead, along with a few chip ins. As with most stats, totally pointless unless taken in context with everything else

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Although I didn't keep a note of actual distances I had a good day a couple of weeks back.
Sunk a couple of 20 footers, 2 or 3 in the 10 to 15 range and plenty of 5 to 10s.
Easily over 100 feet.
Sadly, many for par or bogey but that's life.
Had 24 putts on a few occasions too.

Steve Wilkes

Visit site
I've been keeping comprehensive stats from 2017 and only managed over 100ft twice the best 103ft which included a 32ft and 24ft, most weeks it's in the 40's feet mark

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
Do club golfers actually take time measure the length of their putts? My number of putting strokes are more dependant on how close my approach shots are to the hole and how big the greens are.

D

Deleted Member 1156

For amateur golfers it's all guesswork. One man's 50ft putt is another man's 30ft putt. And if people start pacing out then it will do wonders for pace of play just so someone can record a pointless stat.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Out of curiosity, do shot tracking apps with tagged clubs, in particular the garmin offering, give this level of stats if you have a tag in your putter?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I know number of putts is very much linked to how good the short game is but my personal best is 23 putts for a round.

Too long ago to remember how many were putts per greens in reg but back in those days I often shot 5 or 6 birdies in a round.

Too old now to keep stats just much more concerned with what it says in the nett box. Plus I have never kept stats for how long each putt was.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
My honest answer to the original question would be, "Dunno."
If I had an exceptionally low number of putts in a comp that I won, I might remember for some time after, but that's all.
Last game I made 4 birdies and had one three-putt. Did not count the total putts and don't care to. In a few weeks time I will have forgotten that round.