WGC Mexico

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

The first big comp of the year for the Pros - some big drives with the thin air , Rory starting well and looking sharp - Woods announced like a WWF wrestler on the tee and nearly 5 off the tee !!

AdamC28

Visit site
Seems like Tiger is leaving the big stick in the bag and taking irons off the tee after the OB on the 1st.
I can relate to doing that a number of times!

D

Deleted member 15344

Rory just driven the first with an iron !! Stunning shot

Woods battling back after the start , short game looks very sharp

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Could suit Bryson very well this course, I'm sure he will have his bell curve worked out to a fine degree and know exactly how far everything is and should go

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I heard Woods talking earlier and he was saying that the altitude makes it silly. I may even get close to forum distances if I played there 🤣.

I do hope they are going to stop going on about the grass all 4 rounds. We get it, the grass is a bit funky but it is getting boring now.

D

Deleted member 15344

Wow Phil pays Big Cat a compliment, are you feeling ok Phil?

Felt sorry for him having to endure that ridiculous introduction- he is struggling off the tee

Rory just smashing it at the moment , quality as usual off the tee but iron game and putting is excellent , seems like it’s a course that suits the long bombers with DJ doing well

D

Deleted member 15344

Is there anyone actually watching the Comp at the course , not heard any course noise at all beyond a few people on the first tee - doesn’t seem to be any spectators at all , seems really weird

sam85

Head Pro
Visit site
Is there anyone actually watching the Comp at the course , not heard any course noise at all beyond a few people on the first tee - doesn’t seem to be any spectators at all , seems really weird

This is what I find watching a lot of the European tour too, it really does feel weird watching the pros play around empty courses.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site

Was very quiet, saw Rory hit in the trees on his second hole, thought it odd as not a single spectator on that side of the hole. Maybe it will pick up at the weekend.

Wolf

Visit site
Had the same thoughts on this myself, seems to be happening quite often though where events almost seem like cameras only, watched an event few months not a single spectator.

Can understand it an the lesser events where its players just finding their way but at these WGC you'd expect a big gallery

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
I do enjoy this event. It's quite a bit different from any of the US events with the thin air and tight old fashioned course.

It's not necessarily a course I'd like to play, but to see the pros playing it out of the trees and playing big hooks and cuts towards the tucked greens.

The greens also looked absolutely pure. I do think they turn up at quite a few events in America with greens not quite in as great condition as they should be.

And of course, Rory v DJ has the makings of a good weekend. Lets hope there's a close event at least.