WGC - Firestone

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The Rory Mcilroy obsession continues. People love to hate the guy.

More interesting points I take from the tournament...

Fleetwood is a bottle job, how many times this season has he shown a lot of promise in the US and come up short.

Fowler is similar, he and Fleetwood lacking consistently going low but then following it with round 10+ shoes worse.

Spieth is a class player, but 4 majors flatters him and I think a hot putter and good timing has seen him over achieve. His season has been a total shocker.

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site

Fleetwood is a bottle job, how many times this season has he shown a lot of promise in the US and come up short.

Fowler is similar, he and Fleetwood lacking consistently going low but then following it with round 10+ shoes worse.

Spieth is a class player, but 4 majors flatters him and I think a hot putter and good timing has seen him over achieve. His season has been a total shocker.

The Fleetwood one is interesting, as a pal of mine said the same, he’s often good for two rounds, then has a bad Saturday, and then has a good last round when the pressure is off.

D

Deleted member 16999

Unfortunately the top guys will always be marmite, people tend to have favourites and for some reason can’t then support the opposition, so to say.

Don’t agree with Fleetwood, only been a Pro a few years and had a fantastic 2017, he’s not played enough Majors to be labelled a “bottler” and with a 2nd in this years US Open suggests to me he will likely challenge in others in the future.
Spieth has deserved every major he’s won, he’s also been close to increasing that total, again I’d suggest he’ll be around for longer and contest many many more majors.
Just like Rory, one bad year shouldn’t be used to judge a career.
We’re talking about some of the best golfers in the world were margins are tiny and it’s amazing how disrespectful some of us are to these players at times on here.

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site

I don't hate the guy, I actually quite like the guy and love to watch him play golf. I just get frustrated that he keeps getting himself into good positions in tournaments then fades away of blows up. Maybe I am putting to much on him because how dominant he was when he was young.

But it's not from hatred which is why a critique him but because I want to see him winning again.

As for Fleetwood is break out season was last year really, where he really came to the front of the pack, and he has been steadily good this season too, always up and around the business end, I wouldn't call him a chocker because he hasn't won anything bug yet.

It took Mickelson a while to get that first major but when he did the scored a truck load more, I imagine the same will happen to Fleetwood, with his consistency he will win a major soon then he will have the belief and be up there more often

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

Speith has more than you give him credit for there I reckon. It's his mental character that saw him win majors, the ability to lead from the front. I like Fleetwood a lot - I reckon he can win an Open one day.

Fowler though you're nearer the mark. All parts of his game seem to be solid yet he still doesn't get over the line as often as he should.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Bottle job is thrown around far too easily by golf fans. Winnings tournaments at the highest level is incredibly hard, especially at the minute when there are so many top players.