WGC - Firestone

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Interesting so far. No idea what's happened to Poulter. Wonder if he's been told he'll need to qualify by right for the RC

No chance. He'll be in the team whatever. Just like Tiger, Phil and probably Kuchar for the US.

Tiger looking very good again today. Finish on 8 or 9 and he's in with a real chance over the weekend.

D

Deleted member 15344

Course doesn’t seem too punishing for wayward drives - seen a lot of players missing the fairway by a considerable distance but still having shots to the green. Every hole looks the same - certainly doesn’t look an inspiring golf course and one that you just want to play.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Rory's inability to shape the ball out of the rough with a wedge or lofted iron is hurting him on this course. Has missed the green a couple of times when faced with that shot. If he had the shot-making out of the rough and wedge-play of Woods he'd be unbeatable.

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
Day leaking one into the crowd earlier, no shout, hits someone on the top of the head - this along with slow play should see shot penalties dished out.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
That's a horrific wedge from Rory. He REALLY needs to get that part of his game sorted out, amazing he's still so poor with a wedge in hand given the number of opportunities he gives himself with his driving. Wedge play should be his bread and butter.

D

Deleted member 1147

That's a horrific wedge from Rory. He REALLY needs to get that part of his game sorted out, amazing he's still so poor with a wedge in hand given the number of opportunities he gives himself with his driving. Wedge play should be his bread and butter.

Whatever DJ did, to sort his wedge play, Rory needs to do the same!

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
Whatever DJ did, to sort his wedge play, Rory needs to do the same!

Butch talked about it on Sky once - he bought a Trackman, and practised! It became his focus until he got good at it, now look at him. Butch also had big metal plates installed on the range where he taught him, so when they were hitting wedges, there could be no argument as to whether they hit it the right distance or not.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
DJ also gets to the practice tee ridiculously early and hits something like an hour of wedges on Trackman before continuing to get ready for each round. He's worked SO hard on that element of his game. Rory needs to consider doing something similar, if he hit wedges anywhere near as well as DJ, Spieth or even Tiger he'd be comfortably the best player in the world.

D

Deleted member 18588

Have to agree with LP this is probably the most boring course on the Tour.

Virtually impossible to distinguish one hole from another and with so many running parallel to each other it's too easy for a wayward drive to not be punished

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Rory’s short game been amazing today

Scrambling skrill is amazing

If he could get Days short iron and wedge game he be immense

D

Deleted member 15344

Just turned it on

Great to see Poults is continuing to play well , Tommy a bit scratchy so far it seems

Rory just quietly sneaking up and looks very much in control

Had to scroll down a far bit to find Tigger - apparently he can’t find a fairway

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Would like to see Poults get it done. Tommy still in touch and would like to see them in the last group tomorrow. I don't think the course is much different to lots of other US tour venues. Not overly visually stunning but with leaders at -12 not one they are really taking apart

D

Deleted member 1418

It’s a it quiet on here tonight so I’m guessing Tiger is having a stinker

Yep - on moving day Tigger is moving in the wrong direction! No wonder the bookies keep on putting him at stupid odds at the start of tournaments - kerching, kerching, kerching!!! 😂😂

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Haven't bothered to watch any, yet, course always looks so dull to me

Might tune in tomorrow if one of our boys is in with a shout!

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Course looks immaculate to me

Some really tough holes

No windmills or clown faces so not gonna please everyone

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Course looks immaculate to me

Some really tough holes

No windmills or clown faces so not gonna please everyone

It's a solid course and tough, no question.
Conditioning will be immaculate as always.
It''s just dull.

I think I'm just blasé about watching golf - there's just so much of it

Will watch the ladies British Open highlights though, find that interesting being on the links and all