WGC - Firestone

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
It won’t be Woods - he can’t put four rounds together and going back years when he won doesn’t equate to the current situation regardless of how many times he has won - 5 years was his last win there

Rory likes it round there - DJ got to be favourite , outside bet could be someone like Berger , Leishman

I know you have a valid point here on time passed and closing out but I had to laugh that you rule out course form and them immediately suggest Rory as he has course form.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Despite the fact that i have placed a few golf bets this year, and am most definitely contributing to someone else's pension fund, I have invested a tiny amount on :

day e/w
ricky e/w
zj top 20

If you value your account, do the opposite.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Despite the fact that i have placed a few golf bets this year, and am most definitely contributing to someone else's pension fund, I have invested a tiny amount on :

day e/w
ricky e/w
zj top 20

If you value your account, do the opposite.
It's ok, I already cursed Rickie so I guess he's double cursed now.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
WGC GOAT gets an early birdie on number two. Currently -1.

ezgif-4-1f8c03b9b3.gif

Mike07

Head Pro
Visit site
Back to the WGC's this week and we're back at Firestone for the WGC-Bridgestone Invitational. Matsuyama the defending champ but so many players coming into the week on good form. DJ won last week, Molinari is on a serious run, and of course Tiger is back in the field for a WGC. For me, TW is favourite and you only need to look at his record at Firestone to see why.....

Starts: 9
Wins: 7
Worst finish: 4th
Average finish: 1.4
Rounds: 36
Par or better: 31
Scoring average: 67.4
Low score: 61
To par: -92

Mental consistency, he loves this event and it was the tournament he won last back in 2013. Who do you guys think is going to take it?

I think he has been so prolific at this course because its soooooooo dull. All the holes run side by side with a few big trees in between. It is impossible to loose your ball and a seriously poor drive will just leave you on another fairway. Plus the bunkering is as basic as it comes, bunker left or right or both at 300 yards. Suits tigers game perfectly.

D

Deleted member 15344

I think he has been so prolific at this course because its soooooooo dull. All the holes run side by side with a few big trees in between. It is impossible to loose your ball and a seriously poor drive will just leave you on another fairway. Plus the bunkering is as basic as it comes, bunker left or right or both at 300 yards. Suits tigers game perfectly.

It is a very boring course but I believe they have the rough very thick and you need to be accurate of the tee - as for the advert , that’s got to be the worst thing seen on telly

D

Deleted member 15344

Nice Tidy round from Rors - looked very comfortable and at ease , good signs. I dont think he is far away from a big win