Weston S-M golf break.....thoughts please

J5MBF

Head Pro
Visit site
All,

Just in the process of sorting a little golf weekend for a group of 8 pals, been offered the following;

The Royal Grosvenor (Weston Super Mare) - 2 night’s Bed & Breakfast – Twin Rooms
Golf as follows
Friday 30th June 18 holes Burnham & Berrow G.C
Saturday 1st July 18 holes Enmore G.C
Sunday 2nd July 18 holes Weston Super Mare G.C
£230.00 per person

Anybody know the courses? Any thoughts? Looking at the individual visitor prices it seems to be £200 + on green fees if doing separate. Also, Burnham & Berrow says Handicap Certificate required, how strict are they on this? Not all the group have handicap certificates

Cheers

Mike

D

Deleted Member 1156

Burnham is a great track although if you have higher handicappers in your group they may struggle round there. Enmore is OK, a pretty routine parkland course. Never played Weston so can't comment on that.

Overall, £230 sounds like a decent deal :thup:

apj0524

Head Pro
Visit site
I live in the area and say even though it can be hard work for Hi Hcps Burnham and Berrow is worth the experience, I am sorry to say I have never played Enmore, but heard it is reasonable, however I am not a great lover of WsM, good greens but pretty boring and flat, its only defence is the wind of the see, and after B&B could be let down. The Players in Bristol is very nice if this is an option, as is Clevedon GC

Last edited:

Big_G

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Looks a great deal, as D4S said Burnham & Berrow great course, personally I love Enmore, but I'm a fan of parkland courses. Weston is so so, if in the town I'd rather play Worlebury, but maybe I'm biased

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I don't know any of the courses, but £230 for 2 nights B&B and 3 round sounds a good deal.

the only downside could be the possibility bumping into Jeffery Archer in WSM..:rofl:

D

Deleted member 15344

Burnham and Berrow is brilliant - cracking course

Enmore is ok

Course round Weston are ok - Weston itself is ok , Worlebury is so so

Clevedon is prob better than both Weston and Worlebury

The price is very good though

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
WE had our club away break there last year in the Royal Grosvenor, in fact had the whole hotel to ourselves. Played Weston twice and then B & B on the Friday. Playing Weston was a good warm up, nothing special but very welcoming club.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'd book the Dormy house @ Burnham and just play the 27 holes there a few times. The 9 hole is better than the 2 other courses you mention. It's all on site. Absolute winner