Westerham

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Afternoon ladies and gents.

Has anyone played the above in the winter? Seems they rate their greens all year round and with the weather likely to be playing havoc come Feb it’s tempted me to book our first society meet of the year there. Any info on the course appreciated.

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
lovely track in the summer but can be a tad wet in places this time of year, not overly long course and a decent test of your driver as a couple of holes are quite tight. i would play it any time of year but it needs a dry spell.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
lovely track in the summer but can be a tad wet in places this time of year, not overly long course and a decent test of your driver as a couple of holes are quite tight. i would play it any time of year but it needs a dry spell.

Fingers crossed for a lack of rain at start of Feb then. 😁

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
its a lovely course.
I am tempted to go back soon as there is a deal on at the moment - unlimited golf for 2 for £29 or a 4 ball for £54 on golfdealsgroup.co.uk

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
its a lovely course.
I am tempted to go back soon as there is a deal on at the moment - unlimited golf for 2 for £29 or a 4 ball for £54 on golfdealsgroup.co.uk

Yeah they were one of the cheapest around for the society day.

£40 for full English, 18 holes, buggies and food after. Plus the guarantee of greens made my mind up.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Some nice holes but a couple of silly ones too.
Never played it in the winter but was always in good Nick when ever i played there.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
what are the chances of gate crashing your society as a guest when you play it Papas ?
I’d not be against it, but I’d need to confirm after 24th if that’s ok as that’s when or agm is and I have to confirm numbers for the day with my guys first.

They are sticklers for non members in regards to prizes though. So £2 in the pot for nearest pins, longest drive and nearest in two, but couldn’t win first or 2nd place money as that’s subsidises by society.

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
I’d not be against it, but I’d need to confirm after 24th if that’s ok as that’s when or agm is and I have to confirm numbers for the day with my guys first.

They are sticklers for non members in regards to prizes though. So £2 in the pot for nearest pins, longest drive and nearest in two, but couldn’t win first or 2nd place money as that’s subsidises by society.
thanks for the speedy reply ,not really want to take away society prizes just have an enjoyable day out on a decent track and meet up with new people.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
thanks for the speedy reply ,not really want to take away society prizes just have an enjoyable day out on a decent track and meet up with new people.
Ok. Mate. I’ll message you after agm if you like and let you know.

I can find out if having food is a requirement or not if you just want to pay golf. I believe that works out at £30.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site

Has anyone played the above in the winter? Seems they rate their greens all year round and with the weather likely to be playing havoc come Feb it’s tempted me to book our first society meet of the year there. Any info on the course appreciated.

In general it's one of the better ones in the area for draining but, if there's a lot of rainfall, there will be areas where the shedding water causes issues.
A good course for that time of year unless you are really unlucky.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Greens although good will be wet that time of year. Ours greens are far more true and faster throughout the winter in my opinion.