well that is a surprise

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have been wondering what to with my Pro shop credit

Decision 1. see what price the old ones go on sale for
Decision 2. wait for 4 dozen for the price of 3 deal

Both decisions are about selling them for cash on ebay and turning the credit in to cash:ROFLMAO:

D

Deleted member 25575

All these new balls and drivers etc offering more distance, there is something called physics at play that suggests the speed of the golf club transfers energy onto a stationary ball, making that ball travel at a certain speed, which is relative to the speed of the club, at that point launch angle, backspin and gravity do the rest.
There is only so much the ball and club can offer within the tolerance of equipment rules.
Madness

Mandofred

Visit site
They aren't even the right kind of shiny........clubs have the right kind of shiny. I can justify new clubs since they are pretty......and in my case they would actually be clean for a little bit. I really need to stick mine in a bucket and brush the crap out of them.

D

Deleted member 29109

Ah. The same old equipment as last year in a new box. No longer than it was before.

But also new equipment is ruining the game as the ball is going too far ??‍♂️

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Although many tour pros still use their preferred version of Prov's regardless of annual iterations (while stocks last)

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
I'm one of those that uses what ever balls are in the bag - not particularly choosy but I do like a reasonable quality of ball - and I'd happily throw a pinnacle in the water let alone hit one in.

I've used Pro V1's and while you can definitely tell they are quality - fell good off the face, distance, spin etc, using one doesn't make a discernible difference to my game, so I can't imagine I'd notice much difference in the latest model.

They sell themselves anyway - I guess Titleist have to come up with some sort of marketing garb, but they really don't need to.

Newtonuti

Visit site
I'm one of those that uses what ever balls are in the bag - not particularly choosy but I do like a reasonable quality of ball - and I'd happily throw a pinnacle in the water let alone hit one in.

I've used Pro V1's and while you can definitely tell they are quality - fell good off the face, distance, spin etc, using one doesn't make a discernible difference to my game, so I can't imagine I'd notice much difference in the latest model.

They sell themselves anyway - I guess Titleist have to come up with some sort of marketing garb, but they really don't need to.

I just use whatever's on offer at the time. Got a load of Bridgestone E12 contact's before xmas that were on offer, then usually AD333's are on offer as well.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
I just use whatever's on offer at the time. Got a load of Bridgestone E12 contact's before xmas that were on offer, then usually AD333's are on offer as well.

I bought 40 Srixon Soft Feels off Gary Martin (You Tuber if you've watched any of his stuff). Paid £20 for them, and honestly, I've been playing some great golf with them - considering the course conditions and weather etc. There's no way I'd walk in the pro's shop and part with 50 quid for a dozen balls, not a chance. The benefits of being a tight lad from Yorkshire I guess..

Newtonuti

Visit site
I bought 40 Srixon Soft Feels off Gary Martin (You Tuber if you've watched any of his stuff). Paid £20 for them, and honestly, I've been playing some great golf with them - considering the course conditions and weather etc. There's no way I'd walk in the pro's shop and part with 50 quid for a dozen balls, not a chance. The benefits of being a tight lad from Yorkshire I guess..

Ah, another northerner, I'm from North Lincolnshire, so fully understand the northern tightness my friend.