Weekend break close to London, ideas?

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Evening all, I'm trying to arrange a get away either early October or late September with a preference of around 1hr travel and a budge of £200 for a stay over with two rounds.

Have tried dale hill and East Sussex but both are packed and can't get us on.

Any ideas with a bit of feedback would be great

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Have you looked at Lingfield Park Marriott, I think it would suit all your requirements.

I'm going there in a couple of weeks for 2 nights and 3 rounds of golf for under £200.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
We looks at mannings, it would seem one course is a very boring p&p style course, the other is quite nice.

Problem is I'm trying to keep 27 other people happy...... Me and my big month!

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
We looks at mannings, it would seem one course is a very boring p&p style course, the other is quite nice.

Problem is I'm trying to keep 27 other people happy...... Me and my big mouth!

If you're looking for sympathy it's in the dictionary between syphilis & symphony……..:D *

You know the answer mate; book it and if they don't like it tell them they can do better next time…….

* before the pedants chime in, I know you won't sympathy between syphilis & symphony; it's another way of saying you won't get any sympathy.

Lontano

Hacker
Visit site

Problem is I'm trying to keep 27 other people happy...... Me and my big month!

The Waterfall course is very nice with some excellent holes. It is the members course. The other course, the pay and play Kingfisher is pretty average.

South Lodge Hotel is lovely.

irip

Head Pro
Visit site
Do you have to stay on the course, or can you get a premier inn or something similar and then spend more on 2 nice courses?

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Do you have to stay on the course, or can you get a premier inn or something similar and then spend more on 2 nice courses?

Currently thinking this may be an option:

Re foxhills , they own our club but to be honest even with 28 players the deal the offered wasn't that great and is still be negotiated. The problem you have us our members get a few free round vouchers through the year so trying to encourage people to spend £250 on a stay away when it's a course they already play 3/4 times a year doesn't flick a lot of switches

irip

Head Pro
Visit site
It is worth giving one of the golf travel companies a call as well, with so many of you going you are sure to get a deal, they often do a 1 in 12 free.

Also its worth speaking to golf clubs about society deals if your not staying there, i am sure something like st georges hill one day and woking the next would appeal.

Or even staying someone near the berkshire and playing both courses there if you can get a deal (also great lunch)