Week-end at Woodhall Spa next Spring.......

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Yes, I know it is a long way away, but peoples interest in visiting Woodhall Spa on a recent thread prompted me to enquire with them regarding availability of a week-end deal they are offering over the winter period.
The offer is two rounds of golf, (one on the Bracken, one on the Hotchkin), with overnight accommodation in between rounds, 3 course evening meal and full English breakfast before the second round.
The cost of this would be £134.00 per person, which I think is terrific value for money as both courses are rated very highly in the top 100 courses directory.
The offer runs from December 1st - April 30th and I wanted to arrange this as late as I possibly could to hopefully stand a chance of better weather.
The week-end I enquired about was Sat 23rd/Sun 24th April and already I have been told that we would have to play the Hotchkin on the Saturday and the Bracken on the Sunday because the Hotchkin is already booked up for that morning! Venues like this book up fairly quickly, as you can appreciate and if you hang around you won't get on.
I have provisionally booked for 12 persons.
As I say, I know it is a long way away but if you are interested could you let me know here so that I can get some feel for whether I am being over ambitious in my estimations on numbers.
I can always increase the numbers if necessary but would like to initially limit it to 12 and have a "reserve" list in operation to avoid an error like Forest Pines.
Ta
Rob

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
You do realise that is Easter weekend? Either you have some megga brownie points in the bag or you like living on the edge.

(yes I know I put it on the other thread)

Timberbonce

Head Pro
Visit site
I was all in favour until it was pointed out that it is Easter weekend. So, unfortunately, I doubt I would make it that weekend.

P.S. You must be a glutton for punishment.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I was all in favour until it was pointed out that it is Easter weekend. So, unfortunately, I doubt I would make it that weekend.
P.S. You must be a glutton for punishment.

Trying to re-arrange it as we type.
Trying to get the following week-end but they might not let us because the Sunday would be the 1st May and the offer is only available until 30th April. Trying to be a bit "cute".... ;)

If they say "No" then it will have to be the week-end before (16th/17th April).
Will let you know
Rob

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Have heard back from Woodhall Spa, they can fit us in over the week-end of 30th April/1st May but the green fee for the Hotchkin course would rise from £47.00 to £69.50. This would put the cost of the week-end (if taken on those dates) to £156.50. If we go for the week-end before Easter the cost remains at £134.00 pp.
I don't think it's worth paying the £22.50 extra just on the offchance of slightly better weather so am quite happy to proceed on the basis that we would visit over the week-end of 16th/17th April. Teeing off approx 2.00pm on the Saturday (to give everybody a chance to get there and chill out) and about 9.30am on the Sunday.
How does that sound?

forefortheday

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Have heard back from Woodhall Spa, they can fit us in over the week-end of 30th April/1st May but the green fee for the Hotchkin course would rise from £47.00 to £69.50. This would put the cost of the week-end (if taken on those dates) to £156.50. If we go for the week-end before Easter the cost remains at £134.00 pp.
I don't think it's worth paying the £22.50 extra just on the offchance of slightly better weather so am quite happy to proceed on the basis that we would visit over the week-end of 16th/17th April. Teeing off approx 2.00pm on the Saturday (to give everybody a chance to get there and chill out) and about 9.30am on the Sunday.
How does that sound?

Yep sounds like a plan and plenty of time to get the house re-decorated for brownie points :D

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I have emailed them back to confirm the week-end of 16th/17th April at a cost of £134.00 per person.
I hate to say it but I am going to need a £20.00 deposit off of everybody who intends coming within the next couple of weeks.
If you drop out nearer the time and we have a reserve list then hopefully this will enable your deposit to be refunded to you.
Unlike the Forest Pines thread, I will keep on top of this one 100%
;)

D

Deleted member 1418

Sounds good to me. No problem with the deposit in the next couple of weeks.

jammydodger

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm on a double night shift that weekend but its early enough to maybe take them off. Put me on reserve for now and i'll do some tinkering...

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
All booked.
We'll be staying at the Admiral Rodney Hotel which is about 10 minutes maximum from the course.
Details here....
http://www.admiralrodney.com/

Twin bedded accommodation with 3 course evening meal and full English breakfast.

Teeing off times:
Sat 16th Bracken Course 1.30pm - 1.50pm
Sun 17th Hotchkin Course 9.30am - 9.50am

Total cost £134.00 per person
Deposit required £20.00 per person

Cushty
;)

1 SMIFFY
2 RICHARD C
3 TIMBERBONCE
4 FOREFORTHEDAY
5 MURPHTHEMOG