Week-end at Woodhall Spa next Spring.......

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Just one place left now.....

1 SMIFFY
2 RICHARD C
3 TIMBERBONCE
4 FOREFORTHEDAY
5 MURPHTHEMOG
6 REDWOOD
7 PIEMAN
8 PRO V WAN KANOBI
9 LEFTIE
10 RICKG
11 WHEREDITGO
12 YUFUIN
13 JUSTONEUK
14 VIG
15 DUNCAN

RESERVE LIST

1 JAMMYDODGER

john0

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Rated 4th best course in England, 14th in the country and 45th in the world!

:D :D :D :D

So let me get this clear.... it's the 4th best course in England, and the 14th best in the country - now what country would that be exactly? ... England?

Knob :D :D

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Rated 4th best course in England, 14th in the country and 45th in the world!

:D :D :D :D

So let me get this clear.... it's the 4th best course in England, and the 14th best in the country - now what country would that be exactly? ... England?

Knob :D :D

I wondered who would be the first to spot the deliberate mistake but thought it would have been Murph, not a knob like you
;) ;) ;)

I did, of course, mean 14th best course in the British Isles
:D

john0

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I wondered who would be the first to spot the deliberate mistake but thought it would have been Murph, not a knob like you
;) ;) ;)

Murph did spot it actually, but he asked me to point it out, as he has a 'knob complex' and didnt want to risk being called one :D :D

D

Deleted member 1418

Looks good - can't wait to use the pool and the gym!!!

Swimming may come naturally Geezer, but you might need somebody to show you how a gym works
;)

It's ok, my personal trainer knows how it all works - he goes for me ;)

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Looks like I arrived to the party a bit late.

As an ex-Woodhall Spa resident, allow me to offer you guys some local tips.

The Admiral Rodney is in Horncastle which is 6 miles drive through the countryside to Woodhall Spa. If you're looking to eat out, there's not much in the way of eateries (if you plan on eating anywhere other than the hotel) in Horncastle, but the hotel will be cheaper than any of the alternatives worth staying at in Woodhall. There's a couple of places to drink, but you're probably as safe drinking in the Admiral

If you are looking to eat out in the area, stay clear of the Chinese Restaurant (Golden Dragon) in Woodhall Spa. It used to be great, it's now pretty awful, the guy that ran it, sold it to his brother and now runs the "Millenium Dragon" in Tattershall which is 5 minutes drive away. The Indian (India Village) is pretty darn tootin' and the "Silk Orchid" which serves Thai and "Far eastern" cuisine is great, but small, so you'd have to check if it's good for bigger parties. If you plan on drinking in the village before heading back to the hotel, make sure you have designated drivers firstly, but as far as pubs go, "The Mall" is good for real ale. "Smarties Bar" is good for watching sport and has a decent selection of lager - this is where most of the village can be found.

If your accommodation is flexible and you'd prefer to stay in the Woodhall itself, I'd be happy to offer any advice/knowledge if needed. (As mentioned in another thread, my parents run a hotel that sits on the Bracken, and I worked there for 5 years so I'm very familiar with the surroundings)

As far the golf itself goes, if you've never played the Hotchkin, you're in for a real treat. As I mentioned in another thread, it will literally be one of the best rounds of golf you'll ever enjoy. I would advise practicing your bunker escapes (the depth of some of them have to be seen to be believed!) and hitting out of thick heather before you go :D.

The Bracken is a completely different beast. Not as demanding as The Hotchkin (in my opinion) and is ALOT more forgiving, but there's still alot of trouble to be found (I've found it all!).

You guys are in for a serious treat. Woodhall Spa is a great little village and you'll have an excellent time. And like I said, if I can help with any questions at all, let me know.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
On the basis that Steve (Viscount17) is now a "definite" I will be contacting Woodhall Spa to try to get our numbers increased to 20. Will let you know the outcome as soon as I hear back.
So if anybody else is interested please let me know
;)

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
Rob.
Considering what happened for Forest Pines, & i'm not saying that any names that are down are likely to drop out. How about a larger deposit to secure?
Sorry guys but he was left in a bit of doo doo last time

D

Deleted member 1418

Rob - I am fine with Vig's suggestion. Will also mean less to pay when settling up final amount.

RichardC

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Rob.
Considering what happened for Forest Pines, & i'm not saying that any names that are down are likely to drop out. How about a larger deposit to secure?
Sorry guys but he was left in a bit of doo doo last time

Fine with me :)