Wednesday 25th May (Day after Beau Desert)

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Mentioned in the actual Beau Desert thread, but not wanting to clutter that one up with posts thought I would mention this "meet"...

Paul (PN-Wokingham) and myself are travelling up on the Monday afternoon to find some cheap accommodation prior to playing Beau on Tuesday 24th May.
Because of the distances involved we are also planning to play the following day (Weds 25th May) here...

http://www.envillegolfclub.com/index.html

The club is situated about 20 miles or so away from Beau, has 2 x 18 hole courses which both receive great reviews and we plan to play both of them. Green fee for the day is £60.00 which I don't think is too bad as you are playing two completely different, quality tracks.
I haven't booked anything up yet, but have checked with the club and although there is a society that day, we would just alternate between the courses they are playing, so getting a game won't be a problem.
So far we have the following interested. If anybody else would like to join us, please let me know and I will add you to the list, posting more details as I get them.
Rob

SMIFFY
PN-WOKINGHAM
RICKG
JAMMYDODGER

D

Deleted member 1418

Put me down for that Rob. Quite fancy an overnight stay after the BD meet and a game the following day.

Bigfoot

Tour Rookie
Visit site
You will enjoy Enville. I live approx 15 minutes from the club and have played both courses a number of times.

The Lodge is considerd to be the weakest course but don't let that make you think it is easy. It is shorter but asks many questions. Stroke index 1 is No.4 - 409 off yellows -with a tree lined fairway that dog legs slightly left. The fairway drops after the drive and a small green is set above the fairway. The Highgate is an excellent course that starts and finishes with relatively easy par 5s but there are two strong pars 3s over 200 yards off the yellows.

You will have a good day.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I'm not going to hang around and play 36 holes on both days. I'm happy to stick to 18 the 2nd day and then make my way home.

After 36 at Beau the day before Dave, my old legs could dictate that's the way I'll be going myself!
Based on what BigFoot says, I'll try to get us on the "Highgate" course first so that if we do get to only play one we actually play the "better" course.

SMIFFY
PN-WOKINGHAM
RICKG
JAMMYDODGER
PIEMAN
EASENGRACE
POKERJOKE
JACETHEACE
REGION3

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Anyone who is staying local for the night of the 24th got any thoughts on which area they may be staying in?

Paul (PN-WOKINGHAM) had found some cheap deals at a local Travel lodge (or similar) but I can't remember which one it was. I'll get in touch and try to find out.

Have just spoken to Paul, it was the Travel Lodge in Rugeley that he had seen were doing deals, something like £25.00 a room. Link to the website is here, and if you search I think you can get this rate for a twin room per night which is non cancelable. That's just £12.50 each!

http://www.travelodge.co.uk/search_and_book/hotel_overview.php?hotel_id=173

SMIFFY
PN-WOKINGHAM
RICKG
JAMMYDODGER
PIEMAN
EASENGRACE
POKERJOKE
JACETHEACE
REGION3
REDWOOD
REDWOODS MATE!

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Just booked a roome each for me and Smithy at Rugely Travelodge

Thanks for doing that Paul.

By the way, Paul has booked me a "family room" so there is a spare bed if you don't mind sharing with me.
The room rate was £25.00 per night, so for the two nights it is only going to cost you £25.00.
Let me know if you are interested.
Rob