Weather !!!!

Ronnoc1980

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Right is it just me or is any one else getting well p*ssed off with the rain. We are in July tell me im right in thinking this is still classed as a summer month!

Rant over. :D

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm off this week and have played 4 holes TOTAL. Games on Mon/Wed/Thur all off.....going for 9 regardless this eve.

Last year it rained all July i.i.r.c. better sort out my wet weather gear. Sad....

andiritchie

Journeyman Pro
HOTMAIL.COM
you fail to realise that summer is over we will get a week of sun in september/october anyway in southport it was cracking flags pitty i was working

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Even more frustrating for me, sun is shining but course is closed for Midlands Youth Competition. No doubt the rain will be back once the course opens again on Saturday.

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just got back from playing 22 holes, The weather was great, just one really short light shower, I am even a bit pink! Got some rubbish weather over the weekend then looks like a decent week next week.

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
The Weather here is more than temperamental at the moment. Rain one day- and I mean really heavy rain, followed by hot, bright sunshine all day subsequently. This has happened on and off for the last week. I am hoping for some decent weather on Sunday though for a game I have planned with Viscount.

rgs

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Still raining in the Emerald Isle-we suppose to get a dry weekend-playing the local links St. Annes on Sat in a four man team event. Good links course next to Royal Dublin.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Was a really nice day here. Was going to go out this afternoon but to be honest was a bit lazy. Fancied the afternoon in front of the TV watching the Scottish Open instead. Went to the practice ground tonight and was surprised how dry and firm the ground was given the torrents yesterday.

Saturday looks like showers down here but Sunday looks good for Captains Day. Monday also looking good so I'm going to go up and have a game (any GM forummer fancying a game around 2.00pm please PM me)

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
Tell me about it.

Was due to play a match last night after work. Weather wasn't too bad for most of the day. As soon as I got in the car to drive home the heavens opened and it bounced it down!
Rang my playing partner when I got home, like me he didn't fancy getting soaked so the match was deferred until a later date.
Haven't hit a ball for several days now, getting fed up with this crap weather.
Roll on the holiday, heading for the sun with clubs in tow!

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
society singles match tomorrow - probably get wet,

game set up with eagle for Sunday (GMfuGS Middle Earth meet 2) - haven't checked weather, I'll worry about it then

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Got soaked on Saturday, again on Sunday (medal), again on Monday at Burnham Beeches, thunder and lightening too. Tuesday was dry, Wednesday rained off, yesterday was beautiful.

One good thing is that the course is looking the best I have ever seen it. The greens were starting to burn, but now, all is green, the fairways are lush, the rough is deep, but the bunkers are like concrete.

Ronnoc1980

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Well managed to play last night even tho we had to hide under some trees for 15mins to escape the down pour.Having not teed off untill gone 6 this meant a finish in the dark taking in to account this is a long course with a 666yard par 5 off the yellow's!!!

oh and yes i got my par