Waterproof recommendations?

Ragamuffin

Visit site
I a have Pro Quip jacket it does the job of keeping the rain out, but I end up wet through the coat sweating, in fact when after removing the coat between showers and the putting it back on ,inside the sleeves it was wet through. So I'm looking for recommendations for a jacket that doesn't sweat, not fussed on the label, or if it is designed for golf as long as it does the job

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I'd agree with the sweating comments as I have a Sunice Gore-Tex golf jacket (bought from SD for £80 in a sale) and whilst it does the job of keeping you dry, you certainly do sweat in it. It did start to leak a little but once I tumble dried it in line with the guidance it became waterproof again. The Sunice Gore-Tex trousers have been performed well.
People will tell you to go for Gore-Tex but, whilst it is the major brand, there are a lot of other good quality alternative breathable waterproofing systems out there.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
I bought a cutter and buck top this year. Lovely and soft. I wear Nike dri fit shorts or trousers which don't hold water and dri fast so I don't bother with waterproof trousers.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
The Footjoy Hydroknit is a game changer, just doesn't feel like a waterproof at all. Had a ProQuip jacket before, but the baggyness and the rustling used to really annoy me. The FJ fits great and doesn't make a sound.

I've also bought some Ping Anders waterproof trousers which do the job perfectly and weren't too pricey at £60.

Mockba

Visit site
Probably a stupid question but are most waterproof trousers just made to go over regular golf trousers when the weathers bad or are they trousers you just where normally on the course if the weathers bad (ie on their own or just over baselayers)? The only experience of waterproof trousers I have is just those cheap ones that roll up but make you sweat like crazy underneath :D Thanks all.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Probably a stupid question but are most waterproof trousers just made to go over regular golf trousers when the weathers bad or are they trousers you just where normally on the course if the weathers bad (ie on their own or just over baselayers)? The only experience of waterproof trousers I have is just those cheap ones that roll up but make you sweat like crazy underneath :D Thanks all.

Craghoppers waterproof trouser are very good, but are lined so more of a winter trouser
https://www.craghoppers.com/kiwi-pro-waterproof-trousers-black-3/

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
They could be either. Some are lined, some are not. If I know it is going to rain throughout a round then I won't wear normal trousers at all, just my waterproof ones, to avoid over heating. The ones I have owned, ProQuip and FJ, are and have been more breathable than the cheapo ones, which are nasty, but there are still limits. Decent ones will definitely be a step up from the nasty ones.

Incidentally, my current waterproof trousers, FJ, were bought 2nd hand off ebay at about 1/2 - 1/3 of the price from new. There are loads of options out there for trousers as they are usually very lightly used and us golfers do like to put on a bit of weight now and again, :oops:, and people will move their old ones on. Pick up a bargain (y)

Mockba

Visit site
They could be either. Some are lined, some are not. If I know it is going to rain throughout a round then I won't wear normal trousers at all, just my waterproof ones, to avoid over heating. The ones I have owned, ProQuip and FJ, are and have been more breathable than the cheapo ones, which are nasty, but there are still limits. Decent ones will definitely be a step up from the nasty ones.

Incidentally, my current waterproof trousers, FJ, were bought 2nd hand off ebay at about 1/2 - 1/3 of the price from new. There are loads of options out there for trousers as they are usually very lightly used and us golfers do like to put on a bit of weight now and again, :oops:, and people will move their old ones on. Pick up a bargain (y)

Thanks, that's exactly what I'm after.