Waterproof Golf Gloves query

ColinR

Head Pro
Visit site
I use the Footjoy RainGrips, one on each hand and keep them on for the complete round. Work a treat. As other guys have said get them wet as soon as you put them on. Top gear.

NearHull

Visit site
Post 23 May well be from a Commercial interest but whilst we are here…..

I started foe a Ladies comp on Tuesday, pouring rain most of the day. One Lady put on a surgical ‘rubber’ glove over her standard golf glove to keep it dry. She stated that it was a first for her, but that her friend always did it when it rained. She had a few practice swings, declared it ok, and went ahead.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Holy decade-old thread batman!

I use the Footjoy rain grip glove. Played in torrential rain and my grip was still really good. It's kind of a suede material that obviously copes better than leather when it's wet. I only use the left glove though, I find I lose some feel with a right glove on as well, plus I want that hand glove-free for operating my phone, and fishing my tees out of my pocket.

What are Macwets made of that you literally need to drench them first for them to work?? That always sounded weird to me and actually put me off getting them a bit.

Mockba

Visit site
Are there any rain gloves that are close to regular gloves in terms of feel?

I have the Footjoy gloves but I hate them to be honest, the feel just doesn't seem right and I have to take them off to putt.

Thanks

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I've used various different brands of Rain Grip gloves, and they have all performed admirably. I wouldn't be without them now. For me, they are an absolute essential now. Your hands do get wet, but the absolute confidence they give you when playing in the rain more than make up for it.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
As someone whose grip slips in the rain I can vouch for the foot joy rain gloves. i love zoom tour gloves for dry conditions but their wet glove wore out within a round.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The wetter it gets the better they work, you may find that if the weather improves you find yourself wetting the glove as the grips are too damp for a dry glove, but not wet enough for a wet weather glove.

I’ve used the footjoy and Macwets, I find the footjoy grip better but being slightly thickets they tend to make my low hand grip slightly strong. The macwets are thinner and don’t cause this issue.