Leather waterproof golf shoes

rapper

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I am looking for a good pair of waterproof leather shoes,I have usually had Footjoy and the upper leather seems to crack after a couple of years (I do treat them properly)
I am a senior golfer who plays 2/3 times per month and waterproof is more important than traction,we usually play early morning and spend more time in the rough ,which is wet through with dew,rather than on short cut fairways.
Budget will be under £100 if poss any suggestion's please?

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
How many years are you expecting them to last?

Most (all?) shoes will let water in if in long rough as the water will get in at the ankle or through the laces/tongue.

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
I am looking for a good pair of waterproof leather shoes,I have usually had Footjoy and the upper leather seems to crack after a couple of years (I do treat them properly)
I am a senior golfer who plays 2/3 times per month and waterproof is more important than traction,we usually play early morning and spend more time in the rough ,which is wet through with dew,rather than on short cut fairways.
Budget will be under £100 if poss any suggestion's please?

Get a pair of Sealskinz socks, utterly brilliant.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Skechers GoGolf Pro are leather uppers and waterproof.
However I would confirm that if you're in the rough and it goes above your shoes, you will get wet socks. Waterproof socks is an alternative.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Are people walking round with their trousers at half mast or something? ?

40 plus years and I don't really get this business of water running down your socks. You either have normal trousers over the top of the shoes, or better still, waterproof trousers over the top of your shoes if it's that wet.

Not leather, but Footjoy Ultra Fit Boa, perfectly waterproof, possibly the best all round winter golf shoe I've ever had.
If it's raining but still not freezing I have been known to wear shorts still... I don't own waterproof trousers, but my legs are more waterproof than a regular pair of trousers are. :D That said, I still don't think water cascading in the top of the shoe is an issue really. It's a tiny amount - nothing like as bad as leaking water in the bottom of them when they're knackered.

rapper

Assistant Pro
Visit site
How many years are you expecting them to last?

Most (all?) shoes will let water in if in long rough as the water will get in at the ankle or through the laces/tongue.
I would think they should last for 2/3 years and the rough is not that long so my feet dont get wet through ankles or laces

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
The footjoy boots are brilliant, I bought a pair on Ebay for £59 and they are warm, waterproof and comfortable

hines57

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Sealskinz socks if the shoes are still structurally sound.

I gave up on Footjoy and bought Ecco Goretex. Got them in the sale and so they were't that expensive in the end.

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Are people walking round with their trousers at half mast or something? ?

40 plus years and I don't really get this business of water running down your socks. You either have normal trousers over the top of the shoes, or better still, waterproof trousers over the top of your shoes if it's that wet.

Not leather, but Footjoy Ultra Fit Boa, perfectly waterproof, possibly the best all round winter golf shoe I've ever had.

Always baffles me as well. I wear Footjoy boots in winter with my leggings and down skirt but that's to keep my feet warm.