Waterproof Golf Gloves query

Rapporman

Visit site
With the Winter approaching I am thinking of buying a single left hand waterproof glove or possibly a pair and would like to know:-

1. Do they work ie. can you literally wear them for a full
round without feeling you need to change them?

2. When they get wet, do they have any detrimental effect
on the club grips?

Any comments would be much appreciated.

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have never seen a "waterproof" glove, but do use a pair of wet weather gloves. I keep them on for the time it is raining and the wetter they get the more they grip.

Oh and welcome to the forum ;)

needmoreclub

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Welcome to the forum mate. I can vouch for the Mizuno rain glove, i bought one recently and got to use it almost right away and i was amazed at the grip it gives you. It states the wetter the better and it's true, to touch it, it feels almost slippery but to use it it's like velcro, buy one, mine is definately staying in my bag for winter.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Welcome to the forum mate. I can vouch for the Mizuno rain glove, i bought one recently and got to use it almost right away and i was amazed at the grip it gives you. It states the wetter the better and it's true, to touch it, it feels almost slippery but to use it it's like velcro, buy one, mine is definately staying in my bag for winter.

The Footjoy one is great as well

Chris

Visit site
I'm up at Carnoustie next week and was advised to buy a pair of Macwets. They actually get grippier the wetter it gets!
Direct golf are doing them for £16 at the moment rrp is around £22

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Another vote for Macwets. Thought two gloves would feel a bit weird but after a few shots you get used to it.

Rapporman

Visit site
HeH! Thank you all for a brilliant response. Yes, it was "Wet Weather Gloves" I was thinking of getting. Just as a matter of interest, do they keep your hands dry as well as give a good grip?

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
No they don't I'm afraid but I found mine did keep my hand warm. They do provide excellent grip and remind me of a chamois type material. I have a Footjoy one and seriously considering getting a right hand one as well. No point in having feel if you can't keep a good hold of the club.

trevor

Head Pro
Visit site
The ones I have soak in the water so your hands get wet but then somehow your hands seem to warm up the water and keep them warm. Only thing is once you have them on they have to be left on till it stops raining as they are hard to get on and off with wet hands.

Rapporman

Visit site
Many thanks for your reply. I'm a bit disappointed about the wet hands but I suppose that's a small price to pay for a better grip. In any case, they have got to be better than the ordinary glove and in view of all your recommends, I shall try a pair - Can't wait for it to rain!!!

Rapporman

Visit site
Thanks Trevor. It is nice to know the downside but taking everything into consideration, I think I will be glad to put up with that inconvenience just to have a good grip.

Doc

Head Pro
Visit site
Macwets, had mine for years now.

Tried other types but macwets are the ultimate rain gloves.

Not so good if it's just damp, they need to be wet and wet grips to work.

Hth

Steve...

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Marigolds are the key!! Someone used them last Friday at Oulton and my friend said they worked a treat.

Was about to post the same thing.

You might look like a berk with them on but you'll never lose your grip on the club - just reality!! :D

Visit site
Macwets, had mine for years now.

Tried other types but macwets are the ultimate rain gloves.

Not so good if it's just damp, they need to be wet and wet grips to work.

Hth

Steve...

Once on your hands, wipe them about on the wet grass to get them to operating wetness.

Monty_Brown

Tour Rookie
Visit site
So you leave them on to putt as well... anyone find any adverse effects of that, or is it pretty easy to get used to putting in gloves?

Can't remember if big Phil kept his on all the time at the Open?

Visit site
Phil kept his on when playing in the Ryder Cup if i remember rightly. Because your hands are essentially wet, it would be a pain in the neck taking them off and putting them on just to putt.
Having not worn them in condition and just trying them on, they seem to be a little thinner than an average golf glove so will be trying putting with them on.