Waterproof golf bag?

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
I am always amazed that all bags aren't waterproof - seems like a really necessary feature. How they have got away with selling bags that, in then UK, aren't really fit for purpose, and now charge a significant premium for ones that are, is a puzzle.
I've had an Aqua hybrid for 2 years, and this summer I've found a couple of the pockets are no longer waterproof. And the zip on the main clothing pocket is now broken, which must be a design flaw because the same thing happened previously, and I got a replacement as it was still in warranty.

I guess the bottom line is that nothing is perfect when it comes to waterproof (like golf shoes).
Ahhhh crap zips. The downfall of ever bag I've owned. Although my current rife bag is into year two with no probs and waterproof. All for £90.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've had an Aqua hybrid for 2 years, and this summer I've found a couple of the pockets are no longer waterproof. And the zip on the main clothing pocket is now broken, which must be a design flaw because the same thing happened previously, and I got a replacement as it was still in warranty.

I guess the bottom line is that nothing is perfect when it comes to waterproof (like golf shoes).

Similar to my 2 1/2 year old Aqua Hybrid bag. One zip failed after about 18 months so I can’t use that pocket anymore, then 6 months later the lining inside the top middle pocket has all come away and keeps getting caught in the zip. Shame as otherwise it’s a cracking bag.

sunshine

Visit site
Similar to my 2 1/2 year old Aqua Hybrid bag. One zip failed after about 18 months so I can’t use that pocket anymore, then 6 months later the lining inside the top middle pocket has all come away and keeps getting caught in the zip. Shame as otherwise it’s a cracking bag.

When the zip broke after 18 monthson my bag I emailed Big Max and they sent me a new bag as it was within the 2 year warranty. 18 months later the same zip has gone on the replacement bag.

D-S

Visit site
I can't recall ever having a zip go on a waterproof coat or jacket, which obviously are waterproof and also get a lot of use. The reason I have had to buy new golf bags over the years has almost always been one or more of the more important zips on pockets failing. Seems to be a classic case of built in obsolescence, irrespective of original cost and 'quality'.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I think the issue with the zips on waterproof bags is that they are very fine to keep the water out. If you overfill the pockets then you are more likely to put strain on the zips which could cause them to break or leak. My Titleist StaDry is 6 years old, has endured some pretty awful weather and still is waterproof. I just make sure that I don't put too much strain on the zips.