Waterproof golf bag?

Paul9619

Visit site
Very new to golf and just looking at a few golf bags.

I always intend to carry so looking at stand bags.

what is the general consensus in the UK? Is it worth getting a waterproof bag or is a normal one ok?

I don’t intend to play when it’s lashing it down but happy to go out if it’s overcast with a risk of downpours.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I’ve got a titleist stadry cart bag and my 2 girls have treated me to a rife waterproof stand bag for taking to the range and if I play when we’re away at the Caravan

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
I use the starry cart bag and has been water tight, the bigmax aqua is just the same bag I'm sure, few guys in my club have them and they haven't had an issues

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Another with the Titleist StaDry cart bag. It's been a great piece of kit. I've also got aBagBoy waterproof carry bag for winter and holiday use. I play in all weathers so don't think I'd get a bag that isn't waterproof now.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I was just looking at the aqua 7 or 8. Are the dry lite waterproof enough or is it best to go with the aqua?

I have the Dri Lite and I love it, tbh I went for the bag with the best pocket layout which suits me rather than how waterproof it is. Saying that, I've been out in some heavy showers and it has been faultless.

RichA

Visit site
Ping Hoofer Monsoon for me.
It's light, practical, doesn't leak and the build quality is high.

Edit: Sorry just realised you've resurrected an old thread with a specific question and are not interested in my waterproof golf bag.

FELL75

Visit site
I have a powakaddy dri tech. Had the highest hydrostatic rating I could find (over 10000mm). So far so good. Please see threads on waterproof/water resistant etc. 😬

SyR

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I'm happy with my Mizuno waterproof carry bag so far. I'm a fair weather golfer, but I don't want to be caught out in a sudden shower.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Ping Hoofer Monsoon for me.
It's light, practical, doesn't leak and the build quality is high.

Edit: Sorry just realised you've resurrected an old thread with a specific question and are not interested in my waterproof golf bag.
I had one recently but the finish on the pad that goes on your back was coming off.
Pal has the same issue also plus the clip on the carry strap has broken twice.

Now have a stadry 4 which is good but the leg mechanism is better on the Ping Hoofer.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
I’ve got a titleist stadry cart bag and my 2 girls have treated me to a rife waterproof stand bag for taking to the range and if I play when we’re away at the Caravan
I’ve had the premium version for 3 years now. Ball pocket zip has just gone but still my favourite bag out of the 5 I’ve ever owned. Personally I think I’d store non essentials in a ball picked and keep my balls in a pocket that’s always open. Presently keeping about 6 in a pouch nexts to my drinks and two more on my trolley.

D-S

Visit site
I am always amazed that all bags aren't waterproof - seems like a really necessary feature. How they have got away with selling bags that, in then UK, aren't really fit for purpose, and now charge a significant premium for ones that are, is a puzzle.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Still loving my Motocaddy Hydroflex after 18 months of use. Perfectly waterproof, can use it all year round due to hybrid nature, and it really wasn't the most expensive bag out there.

This, carry it in the winter and on a motocaddy trolley in the summer.

Having owned sta drys and h2no’s I can honestly say I’d never go back.

But…. Motocaddy……. Please please make it is some funkier colours

gopher99

Visit site
I have got a titleist hybird stadry stand bag, had it for over 18 months now and it’s great. If I am forced to play in the rain it’s waterproof and has plenty of pockets, and for the rest of the year a good carry bag.

sunshine

Visit site
Big Max Aqua ............................... the end.

I've had an Aqua hybrid for 2 years, and this summer I've found a couple of the pockets are no longer waterproof. And the zip on the main clothing pocket is now broken, which must be a design flaw because the same thing happened previously, and I got a replacement as it was still in warranty.

I guess the bottom line is that nothing is perfect when it comes to waterproof (like golf shoes).