waterproof golf bag

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
good morning fellow golfers,

one of the zips on my golf bag has broken and I am not sure if its fixable so I might need to purchase a new trolley bag.
I want a waterproof one but due to brexit I don't fancy forking out a kings ransom.
Any suggestions?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
If only you'd done this a week ago.....
Most of the "name" ones are £150+ although some "lite" versions like motocaddy club can be had for just over a ton.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
https://golfsupport.com/golf-bags/golf-trolley-bags/ecco-cart-bag-watertight

My wife and I both have these. Waterproof and nothing broken yet after a year or so, and not expensive.
Interesting that the picture shown clearly has one zip labelled "dry pocket".
If this is a waterproof bag, shouldn't ALL the pockets be dry???

To the OP: avoid the Motocaddy Dry Series cart bag. The zips are kind of "welded" to the pockets, and those "welds" fail. It's happened to me (twice - the first failure was within the years warranty and the bag was replaced, only for the replacement to also fail, this time after about 14 months). It's also happened to two other people I know.
I don't understand why they try this "welding" technique. Surely it would be simpler to just use proper robust zips and have a flap over them? It isn't rocket science.

IanMcC

Visit site

Have'nt even noticed that 'dry pocket' writing before. All pockets definitely dry. I keep my gloves in the middle pocket of the 3, and they stay dry in the rain.

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
I bought a titleist stay dry bag a couple of weeks ago, 100% waterproof, light and well built, hasn't got individual full length dividers tho, great bag imo,

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
To the OP: avoid the Motocaddy Dry Series cart bag. The zips are kind of "welded" to the pockets, and those "welds" fail. It's happened to me (twice - the first failure was within the years warranty and the bag was replaced, only for the replacement to also fail, this time after about 14 months). It's also happened to two other people I know.
I don't understand why they try this "welding" technique. Surely it would be simpler to just use proper robust zips and have a flap over them? It isn't rocket science.

Totally agree. I have, within the last hour, chucked one of these bags on the tip for this very reason. Liked the bag - but the zip design is shockingly bad.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site

Powakaddy is the same, the zips themselves aren't great either.

Badger

Assistant Pro
Visit site
good morning fellow golfers,

one of the zips on my golf bag has broken and I am not sure if its fixable so I might need to purchase a new trolley bag.
I want a waterproof one but due to brexit I don't fancy forking out a kings ransom.
Any suggestions?

same thing has just happened to mine, was going to take a punt on this before shelling out for a new one https://www.fixnzipit.co.uk/how-to-use/

no idea if it will work but thought worth a go.

hines57

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I have the Motocaddy dry series and it is a great product. Keeps everything dry, is light and locks into the cart to stop any twisting.

Redtraveller

Club Champion
Visit site
same thing has just happened to mine, was going to take a punt on this before shelling out for a new one https://www.fixnzipit.co.uk/how-to-use/

no idea if it will work but thought worth a go.

I've bought exactly that for..........a Motocaddy Dry Series bag where the zip has broken. Of it's a waterproof zip you have to put these on the opposite way to normal. Mine works ok but I think the zip I bought is a bit small so it does come open from time to time.

The moral of the story is don't buy a Motocaddy bag ever again

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I've bought exactly that for..........a Motocaddy Dry Series bag where the zip has broken. Of it's a waterproof zip you have to put these on the opposite way to normal. Mine works ok but I think the zip I bought is a bit small so it does come open from time to time.

The moral of the story is don't buy a Motocaddy bag ever again

My Motocaddy bag is over 6 years old now, still looks in great condition, hardly a mark on it and all zips still.in perfect working order. Hear a few people moaning about zips but mine have never gave one ounce of trouble. Maybe I'm a bit more gentle than the average golfer!

😝

Last edited:

Biggleswade Blue

Head Pro
Visit site
I've a Motocaddy Pro-Series bag (though a model that is a few years old now), which has always seemed fine in the rain - including a downpour this Sunday afternoon. Bag is like new still. They always get a bit wet from putting clubs in and out, opening pockets etc but the bag itself has been terrific. One of the small pockets is listed as a waterproof one - and it's that I use for my phone, wallet etc, but the whole thing has been ok.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
My Motocaddy bag has been fine, but I find the access through the zips is a bit restricting and tight. My Callaway stand bag has the issue with the welded zips splitting away from the bag.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
My Sun mountain h2no had leaky zips, and the pockets let in water. The cover over the club heads wasn't exactly waterproof either. Made of different material to the rest of the bag. Why?

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
My Sun mountain h2no had leaky zips, and the pockets let in water. The cover over the club heads wasn't exactly waterproof either. Made of different material to the rest of the bag. Why?

I don't think there is such a thing as a "waterproof" golf bag. You just hope you have a couple of pockets that keep your essentials dry. Clubs get wet going in and out of the bag etc.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
I've come to the conclusion that paying $$$ for a so-called waterproof bag is pointless. Just get a normal bag and one of those "pac-a-mac" style covers that you can drape over it.
I once had an Adams cart bag with a full-length rain cover that came out of a pocket at the base, and it worked just fine. Seen a Callaway bag on someone else's trolley with a similar arrangement.

sunshine

Visit site
I'm going to hijack this thread slightly...

Does anybody have any recommendations for a waterproof stand bag? Most of the usual suspects eg H2NO are now £200+ which is a lot of cash.

I've seen Benross doing a waterproof bag for around £120 which is tempting. I recognise that generally you get what you pay for, but often there is a big mark up for branding, so any advice most welcome. Cheers.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've come to the conclusion that paying $$$ for a so-called waterproof bag is pointless. Just get a normal bag and one of those "pac-a-mac" style covers that you can drape over it.
I once had an Adams cart bag with a full-length rain cover that came out of a pocket at the base, and it worked just fine. Seen a Callaway bag on someone else's trolley with a similar arrangement.

Can't beat a waterproof bag for pure convenience

Their not even that pricey

My 14 way carry bag was £140

Fits what I need, on a trolly decent enough

Got rained on badly on Friday bag could go straight away after no need to dry as it just kept the water from getting to the inner core