Warranty Y / N ?

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just a quickie. I have been drying out my cart bag after Sundays soaking and noticed that one of the pocket linings have come apart / undone. The bag is not 12 months old (I think). If it is should it be covered under the usual 12 month warranty?

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
What if they don't do the same ones? I've had a look on their site and cannot find the same ones.
Then equivalent - either price or quality.

Btw. Warranty covers 'faults', not reasonable wear and tear. So be prepared for that 'argument'. And if it IS reasonable wear and tear, then a 'proper' golfer wouldn't, imo, even consider 'trying it on'!

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It has to be fit for purpose!
So if the stitching has come undone you are entitled under warranty to have it repaired or replaced.
That’s what warranties are for, you may need proof of purchase.
But it should last more than a year unless your very heaveyhanded.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I think from memory when this sort of thing has been discussed before, your contract as such is with the point of sale so AG or whoever and it is up to them to provide a suitable replacement. If that make or model is no longer available, I would expect them to offer something similar

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Cheers. The pocket in question is the one with golf balls in it and only a few not over loaded. I'll be popping over to my AG place this afternoon. I'll let you know how I got on. Just because I know people use AG on here and feedback is always useful.

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
If you do find its a no from AG ask them for the reason in writing . They need to show u an external influence caused the damage as it should last longer thru proper use as its not reasonable to be expected to buy a new bag every year ..

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sort of all good. Got the original bag on a cheap deal so not much money to play with and I wasn't keen on any that were in the shop around that price. Ended up with a Ping with funky colours coz I didn't want to bother going back again (with a chunk of dosh off to get close to what I had to play with) and paying a bit more to make up the difference plus a new 12 month warranty.