Recommend a waterproof cart bag (see post 5)

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Sun Mountain H2NO Lite Cart. £249 from club pro two years ago. Brilliant.
Don't know what's "Lite" about it - biggest bag I've ever owned.

woofers

Medal Winner
Visit site
I have the Big Max bag, (previously had Sun Mountain), very good and had stayed completely waterproof in some torrential downpours this year. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy this brand again.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I have the Big Max bag, (previously had Sun Mountain), very good and had stayed completely waterproof in some torrential downpours this year. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy this brand again.

have gone for this, 2 year guarantee as well as opposed to a year on the others.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
The big max is awesome and has a grab handle on the front which makes it easier to put on/take off the trolley. The Sta Dry is also great and the zip cowlings are top notch, ensuring pockets are fully sealed. Either of them will do you proud.

TheBlackCat

Hacker
Visit site
I bought a Sun Mountain H2NO lite cart bag 2.5 years ago and three of the pockets let water in even though the zips are fine. Was a waste of money paying the extra for a waterproof bag as I've now had to buy a cheap waterproof cover to put over it.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
I bought a Sun Mountain H2NO lite cart bag 2.5 years ago and three of the pockets let water in even though the zips are fine. Was a waste of money paying the extra for a waterproof bag as I've now had to buy a cheap waterproof cover to put over it.
Had exact same bag for about the same length of time and no such problems with mine.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I have a stadry but there's a few things I don't like about the bag.

No grab handle so tricky to manoeuvre bag in/out of the car. Very weird omission.

Only 1 zip on all pockets, my old Titleist cart bag had 2 zips on almost all pockets. I guess it needs to be this way to make the zip waterproof. Doesn't sound a big deal but I miss not having dual zips.

Long pockets are smaller than old bag and it's a squeeze to get items in and out. Maybe old bag had just the one generous full length pocket but I preferred it.

But the bag does quite a good job of keeping things dry which is most important thing I suppose.
It does have a grab handle. It's built into the fabric of the ball pocket. I use that and one of the grab handles at the top to get the back out of my car.
As you say, one zip means that the closure is always at the lowest part of the zip to minimise water ingress. Two zips together would provide a hole for water seepage.
Mine is now 4 years old, holds everything I need for a Scottish winter or summer (basically almost the same! :whistle:) and has kept everything wonderfully waterproof.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I’ve got the Sta Dry and it is certainly waterproof. It has the added bonus of having an umbrella holder which is actually accessible when the bag is on your trolley - I remain stunned at how many bags have brolly holders which are tough to get at.

My only complaint is that the side pockets are not the biggest.

Otherwise, the £200 I paid for mine is money well spent.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Kudos to Affordable Golf and Callaway who have agreed to give me a credit note for £170 for my bag (replacement not possible as apparently they don't make that model anymore.

So I'm now looking at a replacement from AG, and the short list is as follows -

Srixon Utradry (£189)
Titliest Sta Dry (£209)
Mizuno Br Dri (£219)
Taylormade Storm (£219)
Big Max Aqua Sport 3 (£219)

Any recommendations or ones to avoid?

Having had a 2012 h2no’s and then a 2015 (failed) 2016 (failed) , both stadry’s which are made by sun mountain I can honestly say they seem to be cutting corners on quality and it shows. The 2012 bag lasted 3 years, was far better built, seemed to be more waterproof and I used to play 3 times a week back then. I only upgraded as it was the white model and it started to discolour.

The 2015 stand failed and zips started to leak, 2016 had a crap small devider and seams come unglued all both within a year. ThIs was at a time where I barely played once a week.

I’ve now moved over to the motocaddy aqua flex hybrid which works great on a trolley, even better on a motocaddy trolley and works great as a carry/stand bag. It seems that a lot of thought has gone into this bag, even down to making the stand legs shorter for better trolley use and clip removable straps for the same purpose. Only negative is that all colour ways are predominantly grey with different colour piping.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I’ve got the Sta Dry and it is certainly waterproof. It has the added bonus of having an umbrella holder which is actually accessible when the bag is on your trolley - I remain stunned at how many bags have brolly holders which are tough to get at.

My only complaint is that the side pockets are not the biggest.

Otherwise, the £200 I paid for mine is money well spent.
Yeah this is the problem with my Big Max bag. Umbrella holder positioned on the underside so it's in the way when you put it on the trolley. Very annoying, especially since this is a hybrid bag as well so is meant to be compatible with a trolley. I can't remember the last time I went out 100% sure that it wouldn't rain either so not confident enough to leave the brolly at home.

sunshine

Visit site
I have a big max hybrid bag and I was impressed with their customer service when a zip broke this summer. I received an email from big max today which had this at the bottom:

Important info for our UK clients:
Due to the Brexit situation and the resulting difficulties with customs, we are unfortunately currently not able to ship directly to the UK. Please contact your local dealer. You can find the addresses in the link above. We are working on a solution and will address this situation soon as soon as is possible. Thank you for your understanding.

HowlingGale

Head Pro
Visit site
I have a big max hybrid bag and I was impressed with their customer service when a zip broke this summer. I received an email from big max today which had this at the bottom:

Important info for our UK clients:
Due to the Brexit situation and the resulting difficulties with customs, we are unfortunately currently not able to ship directly to the UK. Please contact your local dealer. You can find the addresses in the link above. We are working on a solution and will address this situation soon as soon as is possible. Thank you for your understanding.

That's funny. They shipped a replacement bag to me about three weeks ago from Germany, I think.

Wonder what's changed in the Brexit situation in the last three weeks.